• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Biathlon. Cool, or not so much?

Tom396

.30-06
Ever watched Biathlon, or even know what it is? It's a combination of competitive cross country skiing and competitive rifle shooting. Like many sports, I think it's so-so to just watch somebody else do. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be fun to actually do though. I'd have to get in pretty good shape to even try it. :D Take care. Tom Worthington

Tom396 said:
Ever watched Biathlon, or even know what it is? It's a combination of competitive cross country skiing and competitive rifle shooting. Like many sports, I think it's so-so to just watch somebody else do. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be fun to actually do though. I'd have to get in pretty good shape to even try it. :D Take care. Tom Worthington

Looks to me as an elk hunting equivalent...run (ski) like hell, heart racing at 180 bpm, shoot at small targets. Don't miss or you will be running (skiing) some more as a punishment...

Very interesting.

I can't even imagine trying to hold a rifle still long enough to take a shot after that kind of physical exertion. They've really got to be able to master breathing control...

Germans LOVE biathlon... that and ski jump is pretty much what my Mom made me watch of the Winter Olympics growing up. I find it pretty cool myself, certainly challenging to shoot after skiing for 10 miles!

Always been intrigued by the biathlon, I just don't care for skiing, however, I have run 5 miles then gone shooting, but it was 10 min. Between the two.

...only thing that could get me to run 5 miles is if someone else was shooting at me... :lol:

Back