• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Broken arrow

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Well, crossbow season is coming up on us fast.

So, I took our Barnett Recruit down off the nail it's been hanging on in the basement for the last 10 or 11 months because I wanted to wax up the string, and check the scope and stuff.

Which I'm glad I did.

It barely hit the bottom of the target at the same distance that I shot that doe with last year. Beyond me how the scope could move 8 inches below the point of aim but it did.

But that's not what I wanted to show you. We were able to rezero the scope in about 5 minutes and 4 or 5 walks back and forth to the target, but I was wanting to show you the first and second shots at the target.

My youngest son was behind the trigger. I told him we should write Barnett and complain and maybe get a free pack of arrows for our trouble LOL

I wonder if there is a such thing as "too good"? Darn good way to blow a $6 arrow right out of the gate.

But the look on his face was worth every penny of it when he first saw it. I think we both had to do a double-take.

barnett recruit 007.JPG

barnett recruit 008.JPG

You should send them a copy of the pic and explanation above. For their laughs. If I got that at my business you'd have some free arrows.

He hung the arrows up on his bedroom wall.

I don't blame him for being proud of that shot. That's not something that happens every day. I've actually never seen that happen in person. And I sure have never done it.

I did write Barnett on their contact us page and included the links to the pictures. Maybe they'll send him some swag. That was an unbelievable shot.

Nice. That is some good shooting.

Well, I think he could. But it would be pretty hard for him considering he'd be shooting at a fast moving target. :D

Back