• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

C-lect choke problem

Chrisja77

Copper BB
I just recently picked up a well used 500 on the cheap and now I'm trying to get it back in top notch shape. My biggest problem right now is that the adjustable knob on the c-lect choke is missing. I've searched everywhere I can think of on the net but I can't find a replacement and I would rather not replace the barrel if I don't have to....I got the gun on the cheap remember. I don't want to sink enough money in it that I could have just bought a new one! :lol:

Any ideas?

I have seen them on Gunbroker.com in the past.
Keep checking there, you may find one.

Ive got one i took off my 395 it should fit, and I dont need it. im in chicago on business i will get in touch with you when I get back

First off, welcome to MossbergOwners! Glad to have you aboard. As far as older gun parts I would check out Numrich Gun Parts or Havlin Sales. I know Numrich has the C-Lect-Choke in stock for the older Mossberg 395, so maybe they'll have it for the 500. Havlin is the go to name for anything Mossberg and if they don't have it they can probably point you to someone that does.

Thanks for the welcome! I did get ahold of Numrich and they have what I need but I'm waiting to see what hock can do for me before I place an order for them. Thanks for the help!

Chris,
Send me a pm with your address and I will forward the choke off to you for the cost of shipping when I get back.
Thanks Michael

Hock, I got your pm but it won't let me reply to it and says I don't have permissions to create a new message to you. Email me at . thanks!

Edit: got your email, thanks!

I sent the choke assembly out friday via snail mail, if you could let me know when you receive it
Thanks

Hello out there!!!! Did the choke work or not, you received it 6-21?
GOOD LUCK WITH IT!!

Hey there chris,
I know that you wanted to do your gun on the cheap, and the choke could have cost you 25 bucks and some shipping? I dont think me asking for the $2.80 shipping cost was too much to ask? I dont need it for bread to feed my family, but it would be nice to be shown some appreciation.
There are good people out there, and there are scum bags out there, and everyday we find a few from each group?
My bad, lesson learned

Usually with situations like this, I eat the shipping and ask the other guy to please "Pay It Forward".

Hopefully they do.

Eat the shipping? I was giving him the choke for free, just pay for the shipping $2.80. He asked if I accept paypal????? I said just put a stamp on an envelope put 3 singles in it and send it off. Last I heard he said his wife said it arrived.

Yes I understand..... FREE!
That is why I said "Usually with situations like this"

I have given stuff to people on forums before and people have given stuff to me.....It is a cycle of Pay it Forward.

You can be pissed over not collecting your $3 or just let it go, up to you.

Also the guy has only 4 posts and they are in this thread.

Yes I saw that he was new to the forum and I chose to create the conundrum that I find myself in. I am pissed AND (not or) will let it go, but not until (as I am doing) state my displeasure with the situation. Most people want to see the good in man kind, but as we see every day in the news that's just not how it is.
The down and dirty is I am a different person, I hold the door open for people, I wish people a good day, and I say thank you and try to repay good deeds done for me.
I will get over it, but will not understand peoples views of entitlement Whats mine is mine, whats yours is mine, and whats theirs in mine?
I have stated my piece, and that will conclude my posting of this situation
Have a Good Day

Back