• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Call of Duty Black Ops

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
I was really bummed when Activision and Infinity Ward didnt release the Modern Warfare 2 title for the Wii, cuz thats what we have, and there seem to be more titles available for kids ranging from 4 to 14, cuz we have those too.

COD Black Ops is scheduled for release early Nov. and will be available for the Wii. It looks decent, though I prefer the modern gameplay. Black Ops seems to be set in the mid 60's with the story line built around the CIA's covert ops against communism during the Cold War, with missions in Viet Nam, Cuba, and the USSR. Or so it seems.

Anyhow, heres a vid. Anyone else seen this yet?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtRnpC7ddv8[/youtube]

This is the first for me seeing this release but in general I really like Call of Duty games, not my favorite game out but they sure are fun. I will likely pick up a copy when its released.

RayRay said:
Gonna be torn between this one and Medal of Honor.

I thought it would be a struggle between them but I'm about done MOH single player and I've reassured myself that I am a Call Of Duty fan through and through.

Yeah, I'm diggin it! Cant wait, though I likely wont get it till Christmas. In some cases, reviews for this are better than MOH.

I want MOH too but at this point I think its going to be a waste to get both in the same week. Can't wait.

Rossignol said:
You sayin you prefer the CoD?

Sorry I missed this.

Ya, I'm a big COD fan with Battlefield a solid second. MOH single player took me over a week to complete, it just didn't draw me in. The Multi player is not for me either and that's usually why I buy games is for the online gaming. COD MW2 was good, I believe I'm level 6 prestige (ranked to level 70 six times)..

I've had a lot of fun with Battlefield Bad Company 2 and play for a little while just about every day. I'm almost a level 41 and man it's like 240,000 points between levels now!!!

I'm gonna wait till the weekend and pick up black ops or wait for Thanksgiving weekend.

RayRay said:
I want MOH too but at this point I think its going to be a waste to get both in the same week. Can't wait.

I would be willing to sell my MOH key (I'd let it go cheap) if we could do it but I believe being that I bought and downloaded it through EA online I can't sell it..

It will be available locally in another hour! My kids said they have teachers who will be lining up at midnight to get a copy. I'll wait.

I don't really like it, but I'm getting used to it. I wish I.W were the only ones that made COD games because treyarch sucks balls.

Hmmm, I hope it gets better and I'll be watchin for your thoughts as you get into it.

Some news on the game. There is a zombie mode, both in arcade and multiplayer. Nazi zombies as well as a mode with zombies in the pentagon. In the pentagon, you play along side the likes of Nixon and Castro and a couple others.

Also, a recent commercial, watch for right around 37 sec. I've paused it for a couple different views. Looks like a Mossberg 500 with a heat shield, if it isnt, it may be a W1200? Winchester? In game, its the W1200. In the commercial the shotty says in white "SSG TRAN". There is another one somewhere that says "Proud NOOb", like peoples user id's.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB1JQ_tfbHM[/youtube]

Enjoy!

Zombie Bonus Mode

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErTPe28kvaQ[/youtube]

Cant help my self... I looked at in the store tonight, but its gonna wait, so heres another vid.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-iOKHjy3sQ&NR=1&feature=fvwp[/youtube]

I just had a freakish coulpe rounds of BLACK OPS!

Went 17/2 twice in a row! Same map too! We played firing range and then voted it again on the rematch. I couldn't believe it. Two 8500 point games back-to-back. I bet that'll never happen again...

Back