Cam pics

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by Djcala, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Djcala

Djcala .223 Supporter

On back side of my place theres couple acres i left wild. I dont hunt back there just left it as a little sanctuary i do have a camera up just to see whats passed thru. Its pretty thick and leads to small creek gives critters a safe spot. It was cool seeing the jake on cam this morning ive only had hens so far this year. The young buck is neat hope he learns fast its pretty tough sledding on surrounding land for the deer id like to see him mature couple years. MFDC3723-11.jpg MFDC3694-11.jpg MFDC37121.jpg
    MikeD, Elbert Garrett and John A. like this.
  2. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Awesome.

I'm a big sucker for trail camera photos, as most guys here can swear to. :)
    Elbert Garrett likes this.
  3. John A.

We have a couple of young bucks like the one you have.

And I have one I got a photo of last week that's already a 9 point from the best that I can tell from the photos. Pretty gnarly rack on him too.

If he hangs out long enough for deer season, by all intents and purposes, he may well be a 10 or maybe even a 12 pointer by rifle season.
  4. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator "Philanthropist"

Nice, love seeing the trail cam pics
    Djcala and John A. like this.
  5. John A.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I get just as much excitement seeing trail camera pictures of what's in my woods than when I see them in person.
    Djcala likes this.
  6. Djcala

Djcala .223 Supporter

I wholeheartedly agree. I put the trailcam invention up there with the battery power sawzall top ten invention list for me. I pretty much enjoy trailcamming ? If thats a word as much as hunting anymore. Not the adrenaline dump but ive killed my share over a lifetime so pulling the trigger isnt really necessary anymore. Dont het me wrong i still hunt but the cameras give me great enjoyment too.
    John A. likes this.
  7. John A.

I'm the same way buddy.

This top one is the one I expect will be between a 10-12 point come rifle season this November. He's already a 9 point and summer isn't even over yet.

[​IMG]

Halo

[​IMG]

First bull Elk I got a photo of up there, and he's massive.
    [​IMG]

A couple of bucks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There were 5 cubs in total with this momma, but only 4 are seen in this photo.
    [​IMG]

A few Tom's showing off.
    [​IMG]
    Djcala and Elbert Garrett like this.
  8. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator "Philanthropist"

Very cool. I haven't gotten my cams out yet this year. I have one that isnt working correctly and need to replace it. I just have not had the time. But this is making me feel motivated.
  9. Djcala

Djcala .223 Supporter

Those are very nice pics i like your buck. I had put in for Ky Elk tags for couple years but eventually lost interest it would sure be closure than New Mexico though. I camped near Frankfort Ky few years ago while visiting in Frankfort i was blown away near the water treatment plant were monster bucks just wandering around in yards and street corners i had alot of pictures but not sure if i can find them.
  10. John A.

I don't waste my time with elk tags.

If you look back through previous tags, they were often given out as political favors.

Sadly, the elk numbers have plummeted in recent years.
  11. Djcala

Djcala .223 Supporter

Thats sad i wonder simply failed experiment just not able to adapt or poor management program.
  12. John A.

poor management.

The herds had grown a lot in the few short years after their reintroduction before they opened seasons.

Then they got greedy and allowed them to be hunted far too heavily. Even gave several outdoors channels hosts to come in and hunt during off seasons just for the publicity from some of what I have heard.

There were herds that had grown to 8, 10, even 12 strong in just a few short years, but now, they have began to move out of this area where they were being hunted so heavily for areas where the pressure isn't as high.

I used to see them regularly. More often in the earlier spring than any other time, but I haven't gotten a single photo of any in almost 2 years now.
  13. Djcala

Djcala .223 Supporter

I don't know why but it appears pigs can fly MFDC3554.JPG MFDC3552.JPG
    Elbert Garrett and John A. like this.