• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Can My Mossberg Handle Slugs & 00 Buck?

bruins1

.22LR
So i just purchased a Mossberg 500 Persuader 20inch barrel 8 shot Model#50577. :D Now i am new to shotguns and someone told me something about some shotguns are not not able to handle slugs or 00 buck. saying that the barrel can shred or explode or something like that. and that a full choke or something has to do with that. So my question is what is that about? and is my shotgun capable of shooting the high power stuff...? :?: 2 3/4" and 3" I have already stocked up on ammo, my most powerful stuff being Remington 2 3/4" 1oz. Slugs, Remingtion 2 3/4" 00 Buck 9pellet, and Remington Express Magnum 3" 00Buck 15pellet

You're good to go.

As long as you stick with 2.75" and 3" shells it'll eat anything you feed it. The only thing it won't handle is 3.5" magnum loads...

To be a little more specific, your gun has a cylinder bore. Which means it is not choked at all. Same diameter all the way from chamber to muzzle.

wow awesome!!! thanks for the quick response guys... now everything is clear and now i know what choke has to do with... thanks!

Back