• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

China calls for deAmericanized world

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Looks like China is playing the cards that we gave them. They actually have some points with our reckless spending policies and dysfunctional government that can't work together. America is a declining world super power. The world will be sorry if China or a combo of Russia/China take that mantle from us. Do small, poor countries think they would ever help them?

China's official news agency has called for the creation of a "de-Americanised world", saying the destinies of people should not be left in the hands of a hypocritical nation with a dysfunctional government.

Heaping criticism and caustic ridicule on Washington, the Xinhua news agency called the US a civilian slayer, prisoner torturer and meddler in others' affairs, and said the 'Pax Americana' was a failure on all fronts.

The official news agency of China, which is seen as the pretender to the world's superpower crown, then rubbed in more salt, calling American economic pre-eminence just a seeming dominance.

"As US politicians of both political parties are still shuffling back and forth between the White House and the Capitol Hill without striking a viable deal to bring normality to the body politic they brag about, it is perhaps a good time for the befuddled world to start considering building a de-Americanised world," the editorial said.

It asks why the self-declared protector of the world is sowing mayhem in the financial markets by failing to resolve political differences over key economic policy.

"... the cyclical stagnation in Washington for a viable bipartisan solution over a federal budget and an approval for raising debt ceiling has again left many nations' tremendous dollar assets in jeopardy and the international community highly agonised," the agency said.

It is not the first time Chinese leadership and newspapers have criticised Washington over a policy paralysis that threatens to devalue its dollar assets.

According to US Treasury Department data, China is the biggest foreign owner of US Treasuries at $1.28 trillion as of July. Besides, China also holds close to $3.5 trillion of dollar-denominated assets.

A US debt default and consequent credit downgrade would significantly erode the value of China's holdings.

As the first step in creating a de-Americanised world, all nations must try to shape an international system that respects the sovereignty of all nations and ensures the US keeps out of the domestic affairs of others, Xinhua said.

"The developing and emerging market economies need to have more say in major international financial institutions including the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund, so that they could better reflect the transformations of the global economic and political landscape," the editorial says.

It also called for an end to the use of the US dollar as the international reserve currency, a step that would ensure the international community could maintain a safe distance from the side-effects of domestic political turmoil in the United States.

This is the result of failed and weak leadership in this country. The jackals start gathering in anticipation of an easy meal. This administration has never understood that weakness is an open invitation to take us down. Jimmy Carter had the same problem.

It would be far too easy to point fingers, when in reality, I think each elected official in the last 50-80 years shares at least some of the responsibility for it.

Though some are vehemently more responsible.

carbinemike said:
As the first step in creating a de-Americanised world

not a bad idea.

Look at us, pathetic hypocrites who always think we know what's best for everyone else and cant even take care of our own problems......

the worse part is other stupid greedy countries made deals with this forked tongue country.
They have only one problem and that's the people.

Back when this was all thought up the government spoke for us. We elected people that were trustworthy enough , unselfish enough that we ,the people, trusted their representation.

Now they go making deals with other countries that don't even come close to our values or way of life. They say that if China calls in their tickets they would own 1/3rd of the US....that's fine but one big problem for them, we the people .

I feel bad other countries made empty deals with our crooked government because they no longer speak for me or a whole bunch of people like me.

There for unfortunately our government isn't going to be able to make good on any of those deals because as long as I live I wont allow another country to take this land with out a fight and I don't care what lies they bought into.

AND I don't think we should be paying taxes the entire time the Federal Government is "shutdown" because we aren't getting the service we pay for through taxes.....not that we ever do

oli700 said:
carbinemike said:
As the first step in creating a de-Americanised world

not a bad idea.

Look at us, pathetic hypocrites who always think we know what's best for everyone else and cant even take care of our own problems......

the worse part is other stupid greedy countries made deals with this forked tongue country.
They have only one problem and that's the people.

Back when this was all thought up the government spoke for us. We elected people that were trustworthy enough , unselfish enough that we ,the people, trusted their representation.

Now they go making deals with other countries that don't even come close to our values or way of life. They say that if China calls in their tickets they would own 1/3rd of the US....that's fine but one big problem for them, we the people .

I feel bad other countries made empty deals with our crooked government because they no longer speak for me or a whole bunch of people like me.

There for unfortunately our government isn't going to be able to make good on any of those deals because as long as I live I wont allow another country to take this land with out a fight and I don't care what lies they bought into.

AND I don't think we should be paying taxes the entire time the Federal Government is "shutdown" because we aren't getting the service we pay for through taxes.....not that we ever do

I keep saying this.....Oli for president.

oli700 said:

F**k yeah....what's good for the goose is good for the gander. I shut down my wallet. It is off limits to anyone.....

Suppose we do blow by the 17th with no deal. What happens then? I'd say not much. A lot of screaming and hand wringing of course, especially from the financial sector, but is society going to collapse? Probably not. Are people going to grab their BoB's and head for the hills? Maybe a few. But I think most people either won't even notice, or they'll meet whatever difficulties that might come their way with some determination and courage to get thru it. After all, we're not staring at some apocalyptic survival situation here. Just maybe some inconvenience in our cushy lives. Might even be a wake up call for us to put on our big boy pants and buckle down.

Really can't add much to what's already been said, but I've long felt that we should be toning down as the world police. While our values and belief system may not align with other countries... what gave us the right to intervene in the first place. I'm not saying sit back and relax, but let's choose our battles a little more wisely.

Startby fixing the crippling systems that keep this county in chains, and the people who don't know better chained to them. Ghost towns of once thriving cities and slums that would rival those of The ones found in India and South America.

It's about time we start taking back some of the political voice that's been lost in the shady back door deals and the selfish agendas of our elected officials, who have long stopped representing what The People stand for.

I was thinking.

Maybe I have a warped point of view, but wouldn't it be funny if the House past a bill to fund obamacare, the senate gave it the thumbs up and forwarded to the president, and he signed it, and after it was all said and done, China wouldn't loan us the money to do it in fear of government instability.

Would that be irony or what?

^^ The thing to keep in mind is that every country looks out for their own interests first and foremost. China won't do a damn thing that jeopardizes their economy. They ain't stupid. This latest BS from them is just that: BS. There's a buttload of US companies that are keeping their economy viable, and they absolutely will not endanger that.

USA debt has enslaved the US to China and China to the US. The greenback is tied to oil and is the only accepted currency to trade oil. Any threat to trade oil in any other form of currency is met by the military might of the US of A. China needs you folk as much as you folk need them. It's a great strategy the Americans have and bodes well for the future IMO in keeping the greenback strong.

Of course, it is a damn house of cards........... :mrgreen:

GunnyGene said:
Suppose we do blow by the 17th with no deal. What happens then? I'd say not much. A lot of screaming and hand wringing of course, especially from the financial sector, but is society going to collapse? Probably not. Are people going to grab their BoB's and head for the hills? Maybe a few. But I think most people either won't even notice, or they'll meet whatever difficulties that might come their way with some determination and courage to get thru it. After all, we're not staring at some apocalyptic survival situation here. Just maybe some inconvenience in our cushy lives. Might even be a wake up call for us to put on our big boy pants and buckle down.

I believe it could be much worse...look at what happened to Cyprus. The main banks demanded 20% of everyone's bank accounts across the board to finance a bailout. Who will bailout the US? Large international banks that may do the same thing. Everyone's savings, 401k's, retirement plans raped in one fell swoop. What would happen then? If we default and our credit rating goes down, who will lend the US money? Gas, which has been held at a very low price for too long now, may skyrocket. There would be panic and food would disappear for the shelves faster than a chicken wing at a Baptist convention (oops). Ammo was one thing...food and water a completely different matter.

MossLvR said:
USA debt has enslaved the US to China and China to the US. The greenback is tied to oil and is the only accepted currency to trade oil. Any threat to trade oil in any other form of currency is met by the military might of the US of A. China needs you folk as much as you folk need them. It's a great strategy the Americans have and bodes well for the future IMO in keeping the greenback strong.

Of course, it is a damn house of cards........... :mrgreen:

Ahh, the Petrol Dollar. It may soon be replaced by the Yen. Then what happens? China is building the largest refinery in Saudi Arabia. What if they displaced the dollar as the global monetary standard? We, as a country, would be more screwed than if we had Obama as President (What? He is already? Damn, I thought I was in a bad dream.) Ok, it will get really bad. Anyone ready to pay $8-$10 or more for a gallon of gas like Europe? $10 for milk? As for the US military, Obama has gutted it. The Air Force's end strength, as an example, is at the same level as when it became separate from the Army/Air Corp...IN 1947!!!!! How the **** did we let that happen? No, if we needed to go to war against another world superpower we may get our ass handed to us. We are now only able to manage a couple skirmishes before our abilities are strained.

Yes, the sharks smell blood in the water and they are circling ready for a fight. We may yet be in need of those guns behind every blade of grass...

^^ First off, we won't need a bailout a'la Cyprus. There's more than enough money flowing into the Treasury daily to pay interest on the debt and things like SS, Medicare, etc. This is a manufactured crisis for political purposes, nothing more.

GunnyGene said:
^^ First off, we won't need a bailout a'la Cyprus. There's more than enough money flowing into the Treasury daily to pay interest on the debt and things like SS, Medicare, etc. This is a manufactured crisis for political purposes, nothing more.

Not so sure, Gunny. If we don't need a bailout why are we borrowing so much each day? We can not keep it up indefinitely. Spending outstrips revenue by a vast amount. Some reports as early as 2010 show that off the book debt is $65 trillion or more.

The expanding national debt, currently more than $13 trillion, only represents the on-paper amount owed to U.S. bondholders here and around the world. The off-the-books debt is many times larger and grows even faster.

This "unfunded liability" includes obligations to Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, government employee pensions and health care and guarantees on "toxic" bank assets and mortgages held by Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. That adds up to another $65 trillion that the government does not have.

The "bailout" could come from within but are you and everyone else ready to pay taxes at a rate or 40% plus? Out of every dollar you make 40 cents or more goes to the government all the while services provided decrease?

We are far deeper in the hole than the government wants us to know about...

I don't have savings.

I don't have 401K.

I don't have IRA.

Cypress bailout... Pfft.

OhioArcher said:
Not so sure, Gunny. If we don't need a bailout why are we borrowing so much each day? We can not keep it up indefinitely. Spending outstrips revenue by a vast amount. Some reports as early as 2010 show that off the book debt is $65 trillion or more.

I reckon we'll likely find out who's right in a few days. Until then it's all speculation. :)

We are tied to China now and vice versa:

China, which owns an estimated $1.28 trillion in U.S. Treasuries, is the number-one investor among foreign governments, according to the July 2013 figures released by the U.S. Treasury. This amounts to over 22.8% of the U.S. debt held overseas and nearly 8% of the United States’ total debt load.

It’s also important to keep in mind that since China holds such a large position in U.S. debt, the nation has a vested interest in maintaining the health of the Treasury market. Naturally, this provides ample motivation for China to avoid any action that would cause Treasury prices to plunge.

The whole article:http://bonds.about.com/od/bondinvestingstrategies/a/Chinadebt.htm

As for oil, I have been reading that in 5-10 years the US is poised to become a net energy exporter via shale oil. They expect us to be able to provide enough glut to the world market to drive down the price of oil. How awesome would it be to tell OPEC to "shove it up your poop chute"? Oil and food production...we could kick butt and should but I have no confidence that the greedy fools running the show can play that hand successfully. All we have to do is reign in the out of control spending. I just don't see it happening though.

carbinemike said:
We are tied to China now and vice versa:

China, which owns an estimated $1.28 trillion in U.S. Treasuries, is the number-one investor among foreign governments, according to the July 2013 figures released by the U.S. Treasury. This amounts to over 22.8% of the U.S. debt held overseas and nearly 8% of the United States’ total debt load.

It’s also important to keep in mind that since China holds such a large position in U.S. debt, the nation has a vested interest in maintaining the health of the Treasury market. Naturally, this provides ample motivation for China to avoid any action that would cause Treasury prices to plunge.

The whole article:http://bonds.about.com/od/bondinvestingstrategies/a/Chinadebt.htm

As for oil, I have been reading that in 5-10 years the US is poised to become a net energy exporter via shale oil. They expect us to be able to provide enough glut to the world market to drive down the price of oil. How awesome would it be to tell OPEC to "shove it up your poop chute"? Oil and food production...we could kick butt and should but I have no confidence that the greedy fools running the show can play that hand successfully. All we have to do is reign in the out of control spending. I just don't see it happening though.

But the price of oil will not go down.......no reason to cut profits....

"I'm with you fellers"................... ;) (that's for you CM!)

North America is sitting on a butt-load of oil. We all know that. The Ft. McMurray tar sands in Northern Alberta alone holds enough oil to supply all of Canada for nearly the next millennium at current consumption rates.

I'm sure the current rate of oil and natural gas exploration will continue and will yet skyrocket on domestic soil. We are sitting on incredibly massive reserves, it's just a matter of access and getting it efficiently out of the ground. They've known this for ages.

Lord only knows what will happen to oil and gas prices. But rest assured it WILL NOT be a matter of splitting the profits with the people like Kuwait. That is not a capitalistic thing to do. Profiteering is. If they can make the domestic refining of oil financially viable on a grand scale, then I'm sure we'll see some benefit.

That being said, our current situation (yes, our...because my country is inextricably linked to yours) of massive debt and trouble paying it off....well it's like we're waiting for our fabulously rich uncle to die so we can collect the inheritance. Meanwhile, we continue to live like spoiled brats.

Just my opinion.

cmcdonald said:
"I'm with you fellers"................... ;) (that's for you CM!)

North America is sitting on a butt-load of oil. We all know that. The Ft. McMurray tar sands in Northern Alberta alone holds enough oil to supply all of Canada for nearly the next millennium at current consumption rates.

I'm sure the current rate of oil and natural gas exploration will continue and will yet skyrocket on domestic soil. We are sitting on incredibly massive reserves, it's just a matter of access and getting it efficiently out of the ground. They've known this for ages.

Lord only knows what will happen to oil and gas prices. But rest assured it WILL NOT be a matter of splitting the profits with the people like Kuwait. That is not a capitalistic thing to do. Profiteering is. If they can make the domestic refining of oil financially viable on a grand scale, then I'm sure we'll see some benefit.

That being said, our current situation (yes, our...because my country is inextricably linked to yours) of massive debt and trouble paying it off....well it's like we're waiting for our fabulously rich uncle to die so we can collect the inheritance. Meanwhile, we continue to live like spoiled brats.

Just my opinion.

I would tend to lean to the belief that their is/was never an intent to actually pay this debt off but to "enslave" the debtors to the "indebted".

Back