• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

China calls for deAmericanized world

^

Or to take something you have that they want.

Natural resources are a lot of the chips on the table.

Which to be honest has been on some of my thoughts being that the area that I live in has historically been one of the area's that has a lot of coal, and is already an established source of that, so "red dawn'ish" scenario's have crossed my mind.

I don't have anything solid to back it up, but I heard that China already holds a lot of the rights to a lot of oil in Texas and the Gulf area as well.

All of the timber that's being cut here on Kodiak ends up in China, haven't done a boarding yet that wasn't a Chineese freighter! Many of the Native Corporations that own the land being logged have segnificant far east investors...

I got to thinking that being AK would be beneficial since no one thinks about us up here, but then I forget that we have vast reserves of all those natural resources to include oil, timber and precious metals ( that are neede more than ever due to electronics)

Nope, I kind of disagree about that being china, though I agree with your points.

But that's where good old buddy Russia comes into the equation wanting it back.

And not to mention, could serve as one of China's forward operating refueling spots on their hop inland.

In that case, throw Canada's soverign airspace and left corner out the window.

Then again, maybe I'm overestimating them.

But I'd rather overestimate them, than underestimate them.

I'd say it's likely you both got it right John.

And I would always rather overestimate my enemy's ability rather than be sorely disappointed.

Canada has always relied too heavily on the US for defenses. However, I think that has suited the US because I don't believe the powers that be would want an overly brawny neighbor. I think the US like having Canada as a "little brother" instead.

We don't have the hardware to stave off an invasion...no question there. We could give 'em hell in the air for awhile but, sheer numbers would overcome us. We just don't have the equipment and manpower to defend all of our "property" and prevent a large, determined enemy from getting a foothold.

All that aside, power (aka. money, resources) will be the driver of the day...as it usually is when one country aggresses on another. Very few aggressors are ever lily-white in their motives. Be it China or Russia or otherwise, we are sitting on vast amounts of natural resources including fresh water....we have what the rest of the world wants. Period.

aksavanaman said:
Really can't add much to what's already been said, but I've long felt that we should be toning down as the world police. While our values and belief system may not align with other countries... what gave us the right to intervene in the first place. I'm not saying sit back and relax, but let's choose our battles a little more wisely.

Startby fixing the crippling systems that keep this county in chains, and the people who don't know better chained to them. Ghost towns of once thriving cities and slums that would rival those of The ones found in India and South America.

It's about time we start taking back some of the political voice that's been lost in the shady back door deals and the selfish agendas of our elected officials, who have long stopped representing what The People stand for.

I think AK made some good points earlier. Unless we start taking care of our own house and let others do the same to theirs...giving assistance....and only assisting when absolutely needed. We will lose our grasp on this great continent and eventually a nation or group of nations with more money, more people and more guns and hardware WILL COME and they WILL TRY to take it from us.

This is the way of the world and mankind since time immemorial. Who knows when...but it will happen, it always does. Every great power, every great nation state, every civilization that has ever set foot on this planet has had it's day and then fades from prominence and power or is wiped out to the point of obliteration. Why? Because by our very nature we always spoil what is good and just. We as humans want what someone else has. Eventually we try to take it by force. We did it to the Natives here, the British and French tried to do it to us and so on it will go. Someone else will try, they may fail...but they will try.

Why does it happen? Because evil men thirst and strive for power and they take it by intimidation and force. (Force can be equated to pressure = money) Then they become the captains steering the boat and the rest of us onto the rocks.

Are we so arrogant to think that we will defy history and never will North America fall? Make no mistake, the US is the "England" or "Rome" of our time. Having gone about subduing nations and overwhelming them with might and finances. The US may not make them fly the flag or swear allegiance to the "king" but it's pretty much the same thing. And, if anyone believes that the actions and motives of the government have been mainly humanitarian...well it sounds good on the news or in print. The people, have been lied to for decades and decades. Treated like children that just couldn't possibly understand what Dad and Mom are up to and why.

Sorry for the long post, but in these matters I believe there is always so much more below the surface. The politics of the day are only excuses or a means to an end. And, I'm proud to have found and know so many like-minded people here at MO. We may disagree on small points, but on the larger issues our eyes are wide open. We have here people who believe in fighting for what they have and what they believe in. I pray we have the opportunity to change course before its too late.

Not to sound overly dramatic or fatalistic...but forest fires, though very destructive initially, they will later on re-invigorate the landscape making way for new growth. The fire burns up the dead-fall and the underbrush that chokes out useful plants, essentially clearing and cleaning the forest floor of debris, weeds and invasive pests. The forest is very resilient and given time will re-establish itself all on it's own.

Our governments are overrun, full of dead weight and we are all being choked out.

Maybe a good ol' fire is just what we need here in North America.

cmcdonald said:
Not to sound overly dramatic or fatalistic...but forest fires, though very destructive initially, they will later on re-invigorate the landscape making way for new growth. The fire burns up the dead-fall and the underbrush that chokes out useful plants, essentially clearing and cleaning the forest floor of debris, weeds and invasive pests. The forest is very resilient and given time will re-establish itself all on it's own.

Our governments are overrun, full of dead weight and we are all being choked out.

Maybe a good ol' fire is just what we need here in North America.

I like it! I'll light the match for us.... :twisted:

But sometimes when the forest goes unmanaged for extended periods of time, and the fuel buildup is so thick that when it catches fire it does more harm than good, too much buildup burning too hot and too fast to stop, killing everything in its path, innocents and scorching the earth so hot that nothing will grow there for hundreds of years…..it’s a careful balance of forest management and use of fire to keep it under control…….no burn goes good unplanned , weighing all the pros and cons, values at risk , many good firefighter been burned by lighting fires willy-nilly

Maybe what we need then is some good firefighters to help manage the blaze................. ;)

Back