• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Choate Magazine Extension

I'm told Nordic Comp does. Welcome to Mossberg Owners and thank you for your service!

Howdy OKC08GT500 and welcome to the club.

I'm new to guns and my SA20 Tactical hasn't been delivered yet but I have the same question. apparently Chote has one (or more) that fits (it might be from a different gun) but there is some machining involved. apparently there is a lip (they call it a crimp) inside the existing tube. for the extension to work the lip must be "filed down" as they say, I will be more confident with a gunsmith machining it for me than a file. I'm not adventurous with new equipment...old cars OK.
I have also heard that replacement and customizing parts for this gun are a nightmare to find because it is made in Turkey. if there is a moderator on line please ask if something can be done about it.

Any help or specifics out there?

USMC, Choate has the mag extensions for the SA-20. I ordered a 7 rd. and received it in about 2 weeks.
You'll need to clean the lip up real well, so the shell follower will slide past it. I kept the original, since it was aluminum.
The tube is well made. I like it.

jisco38
semper fi

Hey guys,
I dont have the tactical version, the one i have has a 26" barrel. what length barrel is yours. i would love to get an extension that would pretty much go to the end of the barrel.

You can trim the spring so you'll be able to reach full capacity.

Trim it one or two coils at a time, checking function and capacity in between until you find the sweet spot...

I had a plus five mag extension that was too long for my 24 inch rifled barrel so I marked it, took it to the chop saw, deburred , reblued, knocked out the plug and glued the plug back using goat tough glue. Looks professional. Now it is a 9 plus 1.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Back