• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Choate Pistol Grip Shoulder Stock

usmc1963

My new 930 SPX came with the standard shoulder stock but I’m seriously thinking of purchasing the Choate pistol grip shoulder stock. If you have the 930 SPX that came with or you added the Choate stock how do you like it? Now I know why some people do not like that style stock, the position of the safety on the Mossberg, and then there are others that do not like the looks of the Choate, none of which bother me.

I keep my shotgun at the ready with, magazine loaded, chamber empty, safety off. Not to mention my pistols that do not have an external safety. And for the looks, will the only end of my shotgun the bad guy will see is the muzzle end.

Thank you and I’m wishing you all a very Happy and Safe Holiday Season

I havent hesard any negative other than what you already mentioned. PG with the safety position and the way it looks.

Maybe something about the LOP, but I dont think its any worse than factory...

Just put the Choate Pistol Grip Buttstock on my 930 SPX I like the way it feels and seems to go to my shoulder smoother. Purchased it from combatstocks.com for $68.39 and it only took four days to get to my house.

I too like the feel of the Choate markV I think they call it. It shoulders well an I think it looks good, which is the important thing. They make it for the 500 series and the Rems as well. Have a Merry Merry.

They do make a short LOP Youth/Body Armour MKV pistol grip stock, but its for the 500/590/835. I havent seen one for the 930 as of yet. If they made one, it would be a huge hit!

Underdog said:
Doesn't the Choate have a 1" shorter LOP? 13" compared to the stock 930 at 14"

The Choate Pistol Grip Stock seems to be a little shorter than the factory shoulder stock I removed. I really like the way the pistol grip stock easily swings upward into my shoulder. Now what to do the standard stock I removed?

Back