• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

EDC Bags, Pouches, & Loadout Photos

Re: 5.11 Tablet Platform Case

Thanks guys.
I've been using it since last week. Took it to class tonight. Works great everywhere I've taken it. I really like the minimalism of it and it is built tough.

Finally pulled the trigger on a new bag

I've been himming and hawing about getting a nice "do it all" bag lately.

So I did some bank account butt clenching and ordered an eberlestock g4 operator the other week.

And damn am I impressed! So much room, very well thought out, user friendly, comfy, just perfect!

Here's a few photos from the night I got it. I put everything pictured in, plus an Otis elite cleaning system, and a few days worth of clothes, and there was still tones of room.

Couldn't have asked for anything better!

If anyone wants me to take pics of certain features or what not, let me know!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328415375.895875.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328415375.895875.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,133
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328415432.907852.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328415432.907852.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,133

No problem, i always try to do some sort of review on good products/companies to help spread the word on the intraweb

What is the purpose of the NSN? I was curious when I saw that on their site when I was comparing models....

Re: Finally pulled the trigger on a new bag

Thats awesome!!! My dream pack is an Eberlestock, like a gunslinger or gunslinger 2 in dry earth or uni-cam! Just havent been able to swing it yet...

Thanks for posting this and for the pics! If ever youre able, I'd love to see more of the pockets!

Nice work!

The gs line was also in the running, I just opted for the higher capacity. All the compression straps are nice, so you can compact the bag if you are packing light.

The unicam is very cool! I was just concerned with matching it :p

I'll be running my tac .22 today, so I'll snap some shots while loading everything up.

Excellent! I'll def be watching for it!!! Thanks!

Alrighty, here are some more photos.
It's hard to know what to start with, there's just so many pockets and features. I should have taken the pocket pictures after I loaded them up, if you are interested I can do that.

There is just so much damn room! I keep looking around my room thinking hmmmm, what else can I cram in here. I used to take 2-4 full bags with me when I went shooting, now it all fits in the Operator, with so much room to spare it's rediculous.

imagesld.jpg

imagekux.jpg

imageiqa.jpg

imagesir.jpg

imagettd.jpg

imageppy.jpg

imagetmu.jpg

imageuie.jpg

I think if I buy one more pack my wife is going to kill me .... buuuuuut, damn I've been wanting one of these for a while. Thanks for the pictures and review bello!

No problemo. Any questions are more than welcome.

I'll try to get some shots of the pockets with stuff in them to try and give some perspective on the depth and size of the pack.

Re: Condor Outdoor: Shotgun Reload Pouch

Here's the Sidekick MOLLE Pouch info...

Got this one locally as well for $14.95. I plan on loading it out as a tool/field repair kit and it'll be attached to the back of the hydration pack...

Side Kick Pouch

The Condor Side Kick Pouch features an external pocket for storage and opens fully with paracords to adjust. Multiple, internal elastic keepers secure pens, knives, flashlights or other similarly-sized tools.

Description :

- Fully opens with paracords to adjust
- One internal pocket
- Multiple elastic keepr
- One external pocket with zipper closure
- Webbing over entire pouch for more attachments
- 5 x 3 ID/ Patch panel
- Size: 7" x 5.5" x 1.5"

Available Colors :O.D. Black, Coyote Tan, ACU, Multicam

Also newly available in A-TACS...

Re: Condor Outdoor Tactical Gear

...and the Sidekick pouch...

I loaded it up with a few tools:

LED Flashlight
Multiotool Pyer
Magnifier
Tweezers
6 piece mini screwdriver set
11 piece hex key set
Ratchet driver
Ratchet extension
11pc driver bits/holster

Still need to pick up an AR field repair parts kit to add to the mix.

Here's the Sidekick Pouch mounted to the hydration pack...

WOW! I'm impressed, nice work puttin it all together! I really like the way you got the sidekick loaded up too!

I just wonder how comfortable having the weapon directly on your back with all of the other gear resting on top of it. I have seen these packs with the weapon to the side and that seemed to make more sense to me.

Maxpedition Octa Versipack

It's been a while since we've had a review here in Bags & Baggage .... I recently wrote a review for my Plan | Prepare blog (http://www.planprepare.com). Allow me to present the Maxpedition Octa Versipack.

A fanny pack? Seriously? Yeah, I know. Fanny packs haven’t been cool for years. That doesn’t mean they’re not functional, though.

“Why a fanny pack?” you may ask.

An excellent question. I’ve been looking for a way to carry a few essentials on my person on canoe trips … just in case I accidentally dump the canoe and end up in the drink with all my stowed gear floating away downstream. Soaking wet and stranded with no canoe is not a fun way to spend a cold night – especially if you don’t have a way of starting a fire or navigating your way home. A backpack doesn’t fit well under (or over) a personal flotation device (PFD) and that leaves you with only a couple choices – a “fancy” PFD with lots of pockets in which you can stash some gear or … a fanny pack.

Enter the Maxpedition Octa Versipack. The Octa is nothing more than a “glorified” fanny pack but, oh, the glorification! This is not your mom’s fanny pack. The Octa was designed by Maxpedition to meet the needs of people who needed more than a fanny pack, but needed to carry their gear around their waist rather than on their back.

img_01421.jpg

As with Maxpedition’s other Versipacks, the Octa is exceptionally versatile. There are four main compartments. The smallest of the four is just the right size to hold an Altoids tin. I’ve been putting bare-bones personal survival kits (PSK’s) in Altoid tin-size containers for quite some time now so I was glad to discover that these tins fit perfectly in the smallest of the pockets.

img_0151.jpg

Directly adjacent to the smallest pocket is a slightly larger pocket divided into two sections. The larger section has three loops of elastic webbing. In the photo below, you can see that the elastic will hold anything from a Chapstick container to a travel-size hand sanitizer bottle. The smaller section is perfect for a couple ITW Field Shield Wipes and a few bandages. Even with all of those items in the second pocket, there’s still room for more. In the photo below, I’ve dropped in a couple CR123 batteries for my flashlight and a signal whistle.

img_0154.jpg

The next pocket in line would probably be considered the main compartment. It’s pretty large and is divided into three sections. You could easily fit a larger GPS unit like the Garmin 60CSx and a fair amount of other gear in the center section. I was also able to get a heavy-duty Adventure Medical Heat Sheet emergency blanket in one section and a couple Clif bars in the other.

img_0155.jpg

The top of the main compartment has a sleeve with a shock cord strap. It’s a great place to keep your flashlight or any other similarly-sized piece of gear.

img_0157.jpg

The fourth pocket is on the waist side of the Octa. That makes it a little inconvenient for access while the pack is strapped on, but it’s not a bad place for flat items that don’t require easy access.

img_0158.jpg

As you can see from the photo above, the inner side of the Octa is covered with MOLLE/PALS webbing. This gives it the flexibility of being mounted to a larger pack. That might be a workable idea as long as there isn’t much weight in the Octa.

Of course, like virtually all Maxpedition products, the Octa not only has a lot of on-board storage but it also serves as a great base for add-ons. In the photo below, I’ve added a Condor Tactical insulated water bottle pouch and a Maxpedition 4X6 utility pouch.

img_0148.jpg

I also discovered that my ESEE-4 knife would mount to the Octa utilizing the sheath and MOLLE LOKs that came with it.

img_0161.jpg

All-in-all, the Octa is a good little pack even if it does remind me slightly of the 90′s.

Re: Maxpedition Octa Versipack

Excellent review and pics...thanks Mud !!

Re: Maxpedition Octa Versipack

...and now my search for the perfect tactical fanny pack is over.

Thanks Mud!

There is padding on the back, and lumbar support, you can't feel any outline or anything like the weapon being pushed in to your back. The scabbard portion is padded on both sides to protect your rifle
8e2e830a-27af-a28f.jpg

I had it loaded right up, must have weighed 50-70 lbs incl rifle and was pretty comfortable.

I did have my shotgun scabbard attached to the side for a bit and it felt really unbalanced. You would have to pack everything heavy to the other side to offset the weight of the weapon
8e2e830a-26ed-af8b.jpg

Back