• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

European American Armory - EAA

EAA Model EA 380 made it home today. Can anybody here tell me more about it?

I went to my favorite pawn shop across town today to look at a rifle my pastor is interested in. I just wanted to see it in advance so I would know if I would want it later.
I looked thru the case pretty quickly and then moved on to the rifle. I checked it out and about 3 or 4 others and was ready to go. At the last moment I decided to take another look in the pistol case. Down in the far back was this little pistol pretty much being unattended too. So I got up close to the glass and started to read the tag on it. It said EA pistol .22, 1 mag, no case $XXX. the price was in my gonna take it home today if it's okay range. I looked closely at the muzzle end and realized it wasn't a .22 like the tag said. I called the salesguy over to take a closer look. He got it out, and after going over it carefully I saw it was actually a .380 pistol, and it's in pretty nice condition too. I went over it carefully and everything is nice and tight and all of the switches functioned smoothly and worked as they should.

I called the guy back and asked him for the best possible price, and that if it was good, I'd take it home. He hemmed and hawed and dropped the price by $20. I said I'd take it. There were two others buying guns at that time, so I filled out the requisite paperwork and waited my turn to get to the cash register. It took about 20 minutes before they review the paperwork and got to the register. I have a CCW, so there is no background check required which always makes them happy! The stores only have one person there that has to ring out and close out all the paperwork on a gun transaction, so they can get backed up pretty easily, but I really don't mind. She came to me and apologizes for the long delays. I told her I understood, and had no problem with them being busy and having a good night of sales. She asked if I would be okay if she took another $45 off for my long wait. I just smiled and said "Sure". So without hardly asking I got this for $45 off the list price, and it came home with me tonight. I just love cash and carry gun deals.

I can't find much information on the model, and there are none on gunbroker for comparison, so I'm not sure what it's really worth, other than more than I paid for it.
Do any of you have an idea what it might really be worth? Do any of you have experience with this particular pistol?
Model EA 380. I'm almost embarrassed to mention how cheaply I got it.
Here are some photos for reference:

Regards,
Gregory

This is a Tanfoglio "Giuseppe" model GT380.

These were imported by EAA (European American Armory) and sold as the EA 380. It's based on the Beretta model 70 design. Tanfoglio also produced .32acp and .22lr caliber chamberings for the same model. I've seen them selling for anywhere between $100-$200. They have a reputation for being picky eaters, especially with HP ammo, but they can be fun little shooters. Looks like it's in great shape. Here's a manual...

http://www.eaacorp.com/Manuals/ea380-manual.pdf

I'm planning a range session on Thursday with a couple friends. This will be with me so I can see how it runs. I'm hoping to be able to throw it in the armrest of my Jeep, for a quick grab truck gun. I used to keep my Bersa 380 there, but it's with me quite a bit more than that now, so a truck gun it isn't.
I'll certainly post a range report, and hopefully a nicely punched target too.

bringing this back. how has it been shooting ? I got one back in the mid 90's. had some feeding issues until I polished the ramp and rounded the sharp end of the beginning of the ramp.

Back