• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fear The Walking Dead... (SPOILERS INSIDE!)

ripjack13

Resident Sawdust Maker
Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Fear the walking dead.....startin in a few mins....

Who's watchin? I am. Gotta at least see the first one...

Not watching it tonight, I'll catch it on On Demand it's there later in the week.

First episode was pretty good.

Mostly character building and suspense as the "flu" spread around the city, but all in all I thought it was a good start...

Freaked me out sniper....I knew I had posted about it. I had to check my alerts...lol.

I agree sniper...good character building episode. I didn't see his buddy as the dealer though...I thought it was his sisters BF who would be the dealer....

I'm looking forward to more...

Too bad they showed that dead equates to zombie already... it was the end of the second season of The Walking Dead before that was mentioned.

I liked it. Was definitely boring until the last half hour, but so was the first episode of The Walking Dead.

Freaked me out sniper....I knew I had posted about it. I had to check my alerts...lol.

I agree sniper...good character building episode. I didn't see his buddy as the dealer though...I thought it was his sisters BF who would be the dealer....

I'm looking forward to more...

Ha, sorry I just figured it needed its own thread.

With all the same directors, writers, and staff involved it should be pretty good. The only thing I'm still worried about is zombie overkill. The breaks between seasons of The Walking Dead were nice and left us wanting more. The bar has been set pretty high so this new show has to be exceptional to be accepted. Anything less will be disappointing...

One thing I like....no one has read a book about it before. So this all new to us.

I hope the zombies fad is long ride. I have always loved them from since the first time i saw dawn of the dead in the movies when i a teen. I was laughing during it. People were looking at me strange n I was just loving it.....

Too bad they showed that dead equates to zombie already... it was the end of the second season of The Walking Dead before that was mentioned.

I liked it. Was definitely boring until the last half hour, but so was the first episode of The Walking Dead.

Welcome to the club bro...

It was probably more obvious to the people studying it from the beginning.

Welcome aboard, Screw...good topic for your first post! :) Be sure to check out the Walking Dead thread if you are a fan...

Was definitely boring until the last half hour...

Not realizing the pilot show was 90min, I was looking for the controller to turn the TV off at the 60min mark, deciding that I would not make a point to watch it next week NOR watch the encore. It was at this point I realized the pilot was not over yet so I continued to watch. I may give it another hour of my time next week but I did NOT watch the encore this week as I ALWAYS do with WD. So far I'm giving FWD 5/10 on the BIBS scale...

PS: and as they are obviously filming in LA (Hollywood), couldn't they find American actors to fill the roles? :confused: Although they have gotten somewhat better, the first seasons of WD had horrific interpretations of American southern accents by the brit actors (Lincoln, Morrissey, Cohan).

Last edited:
BIBS scale? I gotta hear this one....

They filmed this in LA and Vancouver. Tax breaks for em. So that right there includes the brits.
But I have noticed more Australian actors coming over as of late...

Last edited:
Cliff Curtis might just have given us a tongue twister and what is probably a perfect summation of this show:
"Whatever the expectation is, almost expect the opposite of what you expect to be expecting when you're expecting something you might not expect, and have no expectations please."

I wonder if we're going to see some of the dead, Walking Dead stars in the series just to tie it in somehow. (Maybe Rick, cuz he's a cop, so it might make some sense to include him.) Say for instance, Shane? I can see him having a starring role for a few episodes, But that would have to include Rick as well cuz they were partners....

Eugene?
Dale?
The Preacher?

Whacha think? sound any good or am I reaching to far?

I was thinking maybe more along the lines of the early supporting characters from the quarry group like Jim, Morales, etc.

...although there was a long stretch of unaccounted for time where Merle was in the wind. That'd be a really cool tie in...

I was thinking maybe more along the lines of the early supporting characters from the quarry group like Jim, Morales, etc.

Although I think the scenes are already filmed, IF there is a season two, maybe they would take your script and attempt a tie-in. A new calling for you? Move to Hollywood? (or Vancouver) :D

OR this could just be a one and only season and written that way... o_O Then another "Fear" based elsewhere? (Vanc.? ;))

Last edited:
Hmm...I used to live there in LA.....escaped in 2002. I wouldn't go back. I had my share of the movie industry. Used to be a propmaker there for a few shows and a bunch of stage shows for disney and universal....
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3859200/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1
I actualy have about 7 movie scripts written and a ton of ideas for other things too.
But.....I had it with the hollywood lifestyle....
I like to just sit back and watch em now...

Last edited:
They must have been pretty tight lipped on the shooting locations. I live near vancouver and never heard one word. Thought I recognized the inside of the hospital......

They use a shut down mental hospital nearby for tons of movies and TV shows. There's equipment trucks and lighting equipment there almost every single week.

I finally caught it last night. So far nothing is grabbing my attention, I played out way to much like every other drama on TV, nothing particularly interesting or new about it and nothing about any or the characters that makes me care anything about them, except for the stocky kid caught with the knife but they only showed him briefly in two scenes.

I keep watching in hopes that I builds into something more but so far my expectations are low.

Back