• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Federal 12ga. 00 buck 175rd ammo can?

Anyone ever purchase the 175 rounds + Ammo Can of 2 and 3/4" 00 buck shot from Federal? I've seen the deals all over the internet but is sold out or out of stock everywhere! Is it a good deal if its around $105 ish? I've never shot them, and pretty much know nothing about them.. but it seems like an awesome deal. Anybody know a site that has it in stock?

is that before shipping?

You can get that at SG Ammo for 116 shipped.
http://www.sgammo.com/product/federal/1 ... c-ammo-can

Federal 00 buck is a good powerful load. It is nothing special as far as wading or velocity goes but its a good reliable average to high power 00 buck load. I say if you can get it for less than 80 cents a round you are doing well. If its 105 after shipping than that’s going to be around 60 cents ea. Good premium buck and slugs hover around a buck a round.

oli700 said:
is that before shipping?

You can get that at SG Ammo for 116 shipped.
http://www.sgammo.com/product/federal/1 ... c-ammo-can

Federal 00 buck is a good powerful load. It is nothing special as far as wading or velocity goes but its a good reliable average to high power 00 buck load. I say if you can get it for less than 80 cents a round you are doing well. If its 105 after shipping than that’s going to be around 60 cents ea. Good premium buck and slugs hover around a buck a round.

Oh no, i meant before shipping! And thank you so much! i was looking all over the place for this deal but they were all sold out. i am definitely ordering a can from them right now. WOOOO THANK YOU :lol:

Hey no problem, SG Ammo is the spot as far as I am concerned. They seem to be suffering from the gun and ammo craze currently going on so….hopefully they will stock up soon.

Make sure to come back and let me know how you like them

Just for the record, you can fit two hundred loose 2-3/4" 12 gauge shells in a 50 cal ammo can. :cool:

You lucky buggers, you can get ammo all over the place. This is one of the draw backs with living in Alaska. I have to have a shipping carrier in the Seattle area who is licensed to ship ammo handle it and then have it barged to Alaska. I have ordered .308 by the case and it cost around $500/250rds, and that was several years ago. Just bight the bullet (HAHA) and go to a store now. Bought some Brenneke Black Magic, 2-3/4" for $10.95 the other day which is the going rate by the way. Federal I can fine for about $5.75/Bx of 2-3/4" Slugs

I have and thinking more about it!!! Been fighting cancer for the last 2.5 years thanks to old uncle sam, so not had the time, money or energy to do UNTIL NOW. Feeling good actually and ready to get back in the game. I guess I need to see if there is reloader thread going. Any links?

HA, never mind looked at the top of the Sub-f and what's there RELOADING, duh!!!

Back