• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Federal Premium TruBall Slugs

Interested in information on two similar loads:

1) PB127 LRS Federal Premium 12 gauge 2 3/4 inch 1 oz TruBall Low Recoil Rifled Slug HP

2) LEB127 LRS Federal Law Enforcement 12 gauge 2 3/4 inch 1 oz TruBall Low Recoil Rifled Slug HP

Both are listed as 1300 FPS. Other than one having a red hull and the other one having blue are these the same shell ?

Can anyone offer experience with both products ?

Thank you in advance.

I've been shooting the blue hull and have had really great accuracy compared to other brands.

They are identical in almost every respect. I shoot a crap-ton of LEB127 LRS and it's great defense ammo, and even pretty good hunting ammo. The Tru-Ball slug design is very accurate for a foster slug. The PB127 LRS is just as excellent, it's just not as frequently FREE to me, if you know what I mean...

I like the LE blue hull for easy ID compared to the maroon 00-Buck hull.

Shoot 'em both if you got 'em... You'll never know the difference.

Thank you Nitesite and Lazy Eyed Sniper. I figured they were pretty much identical. The blue hull would definitely help me distinguish slugs from other shells.

Can anyone provide information as to which of the Federal LE shells are truly restricted and which ones are generally available to purchase by the general public ? Very interested in the #1 Buck Flite Control shells.

I've never heard of any shotgun round being restricted for use because it is law enforcement. Some specialty rounds maybe like dragon's breath might be restricted on a state by state basis.

Maybe restricted was a poor choice of words. I would not expect to see Federal Law Enforcement branded shells in my local gun store or big box sporting goods retailer. In looking at the Federal Premium website it appears that the Law Enforcement branded ammunition is distributed through separate channels from other Federal Premium brands.

I guess that was a very long - winded way of asking where are you purchasing your Federal Law Enforcement shells: locally or online ?

ammoman
sgammo
targetsportsusa
bulkammo

there's a whole bunch out there that you can choose from. Except me. NY is a whore state run by whores counseled by whores.

Thank you Oli700. Very much appreciated !!!! Actually looking for #1 Buck not 00 Buck.
your welcome, I want a pet unicorn too.....good luck but to be honest it isn't going to be worth your trouble. It offers a little more lead on target but considering the lack of availability it isn't the end all be all of ammo IMO....if 00B isn't satisfactory then 1B isn't the answer either

00 buck and be done with it :)

FYI I've been called a unicorn once. You can pet me.... But it's gonna cost you.

Sparkles lol

Hope you can access some good buckshot that you are happy with. Lots of good stuff out there, even LE-marked ammo that is only a marketing ploy.

Grab some slugs while you are shopping.

Back