• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First time at the range with the 930SPX

erx930spx

Copper BB
Hey Guys/Gals,

Just a quick range review of my first shots through the 930 SPX. I shot at my local indoor firing range yesterday afternoon and here's what I thought about the shotgun.

First, this thing is dead-on accurate! The sights were perfect and 1 ounce slugs were hitting point of aim at 7-25 yards. The Remington 00 Magnum buck shot rounds obliterated the target after 5 rounds at 10 yards.

Second, there were no malfunctions and everything fed flawlessly. I brought 90 rounds with me to the range 45 00 Buck and 45 1 ounce slugs. I could only shoot 25 of each for a total of 50 rounds before my shoulder started to get too sore. I was only wearing a thin t-shirt and I haven't shot anything with this type of recoil in a long time. My shoulder is still a bit sore this morning, but I'll live :lol:

I brought it home and gave her a really good cleaning and now she's at the ready as my HD gun.

I will post some shots of the gun and two of my targets tomorrow.

Yeah this gun is amazing! Love the way it shoots and it is super accurate. My shoulder is starting to feel a little better now. Can't wait to shoot some trap with it so I can use some lower powered rounds.

Back