• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gander mountain

dieselmudder

.30-06
Elite Member
"Philanthropist"
Is it common that they don't carry reloading supplies? Or is it just this store. I know their online is slim pickings. Thought maybe a trip to the store would prove fruitful. Sadly disappointed....

I recall seeing reloading stuff in the Lake Mary, FL store but not much. I think it was more shotshell supplies.

I actually asked, and without hesitation nice lady said they don't carry reloading supplies, other than muzzleloader accessories.

My local store carries some stuff. Powder and primers are locked up in the back, you have to ask. They don't carry too much other stuff that I recall seeing out on display.

Oh well, theres a Cabelas being built as we speak, about 15 miles from me. They need ta hurry up!!!

I'm lucky I have two Cabala's, multiple Gander Mountains, Bass Pro and soon to be open Feild and Stream all within an hours drive of my house. ;-D

Also William's Gun Sight and multiple other local shops.

A Gander Mountain opened just down the road from me a few months ago, but somebody must have lied and told them a bunch of rich folks live round here. They are PROUD of their merchandise...

Yeah, their over priced here too. I was just hoping to be able to find a powder selection on the shelf.

You guys are lucky. I live about 45 miles East of Fresno, CA and there is absolutely nothing around here. Even in Fresno, there aren't any big chain sporting good stores and Fresno is over 500,000 in population. Just a couple of local gun shops that are really proud of there prices with very poor selection. To find a Cabelas or Sportsman Warehouse it's a 12 hour round trip drive.

About every 4-6 weeks I make a component run for the business to Northern California and Nevada. I always stop at Cabelas, Scheels and Sportsmans Warehouse in Reno, NV. Sheels has the best prices and selection of the three.

A Gander Mountain opened just down the road from me a few months ago, but somebody must have lied and told them a bunch of rich folks live round here. They are PROUD of their merchandise...

When the first GM opened near me, 20+ years ago, they were pretty competitive and I would find great deals there. Over the years they their prices have gone up and selection has gone down. Their sales people, at least in the gun section, are grossly uneducated about what they sell.

That said, they do run decent sales and I've gotten some pretty good deals from them, esp on clothing. You just have to check frequently.

Despite having almost all of the major outdoor retailers close to me, I buy a vast majority of my stuff from local shops or online. The prices at all the major retailers (BassPro, Cabela's, etc) all seem to be much higher than I can find the same stuff for at the local sport shop.

All the folks behind the counter do at the local Gander Mountain is try to get me to sign up for their store credit card. It's extremely annoying...

Yep i hate that as well...if i need to take out credit for a 1 day coupon there is something wrong with me .....and my finances

Back