What's new
Mossberg Owners

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Glock

Someone please explain the recoil spring weights to me.

I always wanted a stainless steel guide rod, but did not think about spring size. I get the lighter the weight the less muzzle flip, greater the weight the more muzzle flip, but wouldn't you want less muzzle flip?!

I have a G23 Gen 3...any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other way around,recoil spring that is heavy will reduce recoil some and help reduce muzzle flip, but will slam back into battery harder so it will want to push the muzzle down taking you off target.
Unless you are shooting ammo drastically over or under factory power ammo than you should not mess with the recoil spring weight .
High power loads benefit from high spring weight in the way it doesn't beat up the pistol as bad,slows down the action unlock. For my 29 it also helped my ejection be much more consistent , no way to prove but I think it locks up better now aiding accuracy and constant behavior....could be mental but I'll take it, it helped the gun feel a lot less cheesy to me
Lower spring rate allowed low power loads to cycle reliably

^ oli nailed it.

Adjusting recoil spring weight is a part of tuning the pistol for the ammo you're shooting, usually only necessary for reloads on the low or high end. Your factory recoil spring will be able to handle just about any factory ammo you put through it...

Really interested in 10mm lately, if you had a choice between a 20 or a 29 which would you choose? Looking to EDC so leaning towards a 29 any thoughts?

other than the sight radius you can make a 29 into a 20 in 5 seconds with an extended barrel if you need more velocity and a 20 mag if you need more rounds, cant make a 20 into a 29

between the versatility of the 10mm and the flexibility of the 29 it is quite possibly one of if not the most versatile handguns to be had

I'm guessing you could just throw a .40 barrel in there as well. What about 9 and .357 sig conversions?

Gonna have to find a LGS that has either in stock to see if I like it in my hand! I held a ruger sr40 recently it didnt feel quite right. I dont see much on the shelves in 10mm but we have a few specialty shops that cater to LEO's so they should have it?

Last edited:
I have mentioned in another thread, or maybe this one (who knows :confused:) that I had been selling off pistols that did not see the light of day much if at all and picking up Glocks. Since I picked up my G41, I have picked up a G42, G23 (Gen 3), and today a G27 (Gen 4). I wanted a Gen 3 G27, but the LGS made me a good deal on the Gen 4, so I took it home instead.
I have become a pretty big fan of the .40, especially since for a long time during the Panic, .40 was all that was on the shelves. I upgraded my Gen 2 G23 with a LNIB Gen 3 G23, then picked up the G27 as an EDC for warmer weather and a BUG for cooler weather.
I admit to being old school in regards to my feeling that as the weather gets cooler and people start wearing heavier clothes, my choice of calibers should get bigger and harder hitting.
I find it hard to consider myself a fan boy, but when there are 9 Glocks in the armory and no other brand of auto except an heirloom pistol, I am realizing I might qualify. ;)

I went and shot my G22 (G3), G23 (G3), & G27 (G4) today. I am going to try to make Wednesday's my range day. I put 50 rounds through each pistol. I shot @ 7 yards trying to work on technique. I shot my G23 first, American Eagle 180 grain, nice groups, but a little low left. I then shot my G22. 5 ten shot groups, WWB 180 grain, all well centered, smaller than my fist. Then I shot the G27. I don't think I could hit the broadside of a barn with that little sucker. WWB 180 grain. Pie plate sized groups, all low left. Pretty disappointed with it so far.
I was really trying to make sure I staged the trigger between shots and tried to make sure I was bringing the trigger straight back. I changed my grip and trigger finger placement around, trying to find the sweet spot, no dice. Nothing I did would help.
Next Wednesday I am going to try it with no backstrap and a couple different loads. I also took the grip adapter off the G23 to see if it helps that one.

I also need to try some different bullet weights, all I have is 180's. I need to try some 165's and 155's.

Well good luck with it, Glock shooting is an art.....I am still in the finger paint mode lol. Seriously though I can shoot it good just took a while

Little help please. I currently have a hen 3 glock 30, very happy with it right out of the box. I have been thinking about a 9mm lately. At first I was thinking about a 92fs or m9, but, the glock is such a tried and true firearm, and. Want something concealable, I realize that I should get another glock.
Now I really like the model 26 and my lgs's has a new gen 3 for $499 green plus tax and dros fee, on the other hand the model 19 fits me perfect and is really only slightly bigger then the 26. I can get the gen 3 model 19 for $ 50.00 more.
I know it is personal preference, but what say you mossberg owners, 19 or 26 ? And why please.

I'm going against the grain here... as much as I love my G19 which I use in IDPA... my S&W Shield in 9mm is an excellent CCW gun and shoots like a beast (I did four 8 hour defensive courses with it).

I used a friends shield 9 at the range, could not warm up to it. I have a good experience with glock and want to stick with what I am comfortable with, as well as the reputation.

as well as the reputation.
which one ?.....Glock has multiple personalities.
Mine is one of my most loved and hated handguns. The only gun I have officially thrown down range......yes I threw it. Picked it up and missed again lol....that was a great day, I couldn't hit with it to save my life and brass was hitting me in the face every 5th shot. We have since worked our relationship out.