• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

I don’t have a willing cameraman right now to follow me around on my antics. I’ll try to shoot something from a static camera.

Right now I’m trying to clean up these fuel leaks so this thing is not stinking up my garage.

I am so happy my garage doesn’t smell like gasoline now! This has been an issue ever since I put this car together.
EA863272-478C-4516-8040-67A00FA0010A.jpeg
OK I may not look that happy but keep reading.

Last edited:
After my spirited driving session there was a lot of gas on the top of the tank, so I tore all the stuff off cleaned it all up, and re-gasketed.

9463A944-9562-45B3-AB7F-235AB0732462.jpeg

What you cannot see is that none of the screws on the pick up assembly had washers and nuts inside the tank, and they were just threaded into the plastic. they are now backed up solidly so I can get a good seal, and I put on a separate ground screw instead of relying on one of the sealed screws that goes into the tank. The ground screw is now only tapped into the steel.

I added 12 more screws to the gas cap ring. These are just self tapping screws and they only go through the plastic, but the other six have washers inside.
9B547689-BAEC-4EBC-8A49-87A78E58CD13.jpeg

I don’t have an official bracket for the fuel filter yet and it is just hanging on zip ties.
17F37954-AEB5-4BB0-8AD2-3515FD318151.jpeg

I’m sorry but there are no hooligan burnout videos available yet.

However my wife Judy actually took some short videos while we were driving in the car on her first ride. I have uploaded them to my YouTube channel.

Probably too late to suggest now but you can get sheets of fuel-resistant rubber at your local ACE. They also sell hole punches of varying sizes. I've made dozens of gaskets for tank covers for yachts (fuel, fresh, grey & black water). Do not use regular RTV with gasoline.

I should actually be able to buy gaskets ready cut for the cap as it is a very popular aftermarket fuel cap. Or at least used to be.

I have some rubber sheet from Ace, bought for body gaskets, but I didn’t think it could handle gasohol. I have made carb gaskets from Felpro and Krazy Glue before, and they worked OK.

Our gasoline has more alcohol in it now so we’ll see how it reacts.

I don’t have a set of hole punches. All I have is a collection of little tubing bits I have sharpened. The holes for these gaskets I punched using .243 range brass, and the little ones were punched with .22 magnum brass. They don’t last very long but it’s good enough to do a few little holes, and then you grab a new one.

Last edited:
Christmas Greeting ad, while a bit old fashioned, is certainly right for the current times. Enjoy!

While the video is heart warming, if you have time read the personal comments that are pouring in!

This choked me up. 'Nuff said.

This choked me up. 'Nuff said.
It is a good commercial. The part that gets me is at the end. The girls eyes and tears remind me of my own daughters eyes on our first Christmas after my wife died. We only had 2 weeks to mourn, but all the gifts had been wrapped for a month and unwrapping those little bits that she had worked so hard on, seemed extra special.

Christmas Greeting ad, while a bit old fashioned, is certainly right for the current times. Enjoy!

While the video is heart warming, if you have time read the personal comments that are pouring in!

That was great!!

It was even worse for me because I owned that same Chevrolet. Although mine was not a convertible. It was the first car I ever bought with my own money. I paid $100 for it by virtue of the fact that I traded someone an old stereo that I had bought for $100.

I drove it out to California in ‘74 and a year later somebody rear-ended the car, totaled it, and insurance gave me $300.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

It is raining hard here in the San Joaquin valley and I could not be happier. This is going to make the difference between a bumper crop in the San Joaquin Valley this year and a near dustbowl.

The water resources board had already cut off all of the farmers ditchwater for the year.

Yesterday I went back to the old office to have lunch with the guys and I went Christmas shopping and bought some presents.

I’ve got a little more Christmas shopping to do today and then the kids will be coming tomorrow.

2022 will be the 50th reunion of my high school in Minnesota. I don’t think anything would drive me to go back there. When I left Minnesota there was No thought in my mind to ever go back to that place.

I had moved from Phoenix Arizona. I didn’t ice fish, I didn’t own a snowmobile, I didn’t go moose hunting, I didn’t play ice hockey. I was a fish out of water, and I spent most of my time reading and working on cars and bicycles in building an electric guitar. You couldn’t skate (or bike half of the year)unless you were an ice skater, and that was awful because you could only skate at the ice rink. I was used to be able to skate all over town.
I learned a lot living in Minnesota but at the same time I would’ve been much happier in the desert. That’s why I live in the desert now.

It is an improved desert, and people have been irrigating and planting trees here for 175 years.

But without this rain we are getting right now it could soon look like the dust bowl of Oklahoma.

Been starting to get parts for a project. Picked up a Magpul SGA stock and forend for my Mav 88. Looks like the forend does not have the clearance for a short action tube and extended nut so some grinding is in order.

Also missing a cover plate for the stock. Contacted Magpul but their closed til next week.

• Think about this:

1. Cows

2. The Constitution

3. The Ten Commandments

COWS

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that during the mad cow epidemic our government could track a single cow, born in Canada almost three years ago, right to the stall where she slept in the state of Washington? And, they tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 11 million illegal aliens wandering around our country. Maybe we should give each of them a cow.

THE CONSTITUTION

They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq .... why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it has worked for over 200 years, and we're not using it anymore.

THE 10 COMMANDMENTS

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a courthouse is this -- you cannot post, 'Thou Shalt Not Steal', 'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery', and 'Thou Shall Not Lie', in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians ... it creates a hostile work environment.

Got a chance to get out and shoot yesterday, went with my best friend and took some first time guys out. He had his kit too but ditched it for the pic, I wasn't the only one dressed like I was going to war. This was my first time using the chest rig I've talked about on the chest rigs thread, and there's really nothing I think I need to change about it. Highs were 40s for the day with 25 mph winds bringing it down into the low 30s.

Hodge 12 (1).jpg
Screenshot_20211229-112659.jpg
blackout.jpg

Got a chance to get out and shoot yesterday, went with my best friend and took some first time guys out. He had his kit too but ditched it for the pic, I wasn't the only one dressed like I was going to war. This was my first time using the chest rig I've talked about on the chest rigs thread, and there's really nothing I think I need to change about it. Highs were 40s for the day with 25 mph winds bringing it down into the low 30s.

View attachment 26465
View attachment 26467
View attachment 26468
Sweet! Nothing like doin' a lil pumpkin slaying!!

Ran some drills too. Mostly wanted to practice top-offs to an empty chamber. For this drill I started with two in the magazine in cruiser ready. Shoot each hanger once, move right while loading one into the chamber, shoot the stand, reload one, shoot the hanger again. It was more difficult with gloves but gave me some needed practice under less-than-ideal conditions.

Back