• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

When I read anything that says pga golf tournament and exciting finish in the same sentence, I can't think of much that excites me about golf. Did someone get struck by lightning when they chose a 9 iron or something?

That's about the only thing I could think of that goes along with exciting and golf in the same sentence.

Unless a bunch of rednecks were there coughing real loud messing with the players just before they are going to putt the ball and mocking them when they missed (are they called players?) No?

Was there riots after the game and smoldering ruins when their team didn't win the cup?

Don’t be silly. Not even God can hit a nine iron.

The truth is I don’t go for golf at all, but I have a souvenir ball.

It came from the Desert Classic tournament in Reno over 10 years ago. We had flown up to Reno for the air show and air races. Cloud cover over the mountains was terrible and we had to make a last-minute decent through a big hole to avoid climbing over our safe altitude. We sneaked all the way up the canyon to Reno.

It was a very windy day, and we made a sideways crabwise landing in a four seat Piper Cherokee that scared the snot out of my wife.

The wind was just getting worse, and we taxied around and finally found a place to park on the side of the airport away from all the traffic (but evidently close to a golf course.)

As I got out of the aircraft, a golf ball comes flying through the air and lands in the gravel, practically at my feet and it just stuck there. HARD with a thwock! that sprayed gravel.

If I had taken two more steps that might’ve hit me. It could’ve hit our prop or put a very expensive hole in our airplane if we’d parked a couple feet over.

I considered that a lucky omen. I saved that ball and keep it to this day along with my box of treasured junk. Maybe it’ll make a nice shifter knob for my bicycle.
FADF88C1-7177-4228-84EF-7DD360504101.jpeg

C9E4C9C7-CD58-4963-A1FC-707597EFDD9A.jpeg

You guys have a nice day and keep your heads up if you’re around the golf course.

Midnite whitewall mounting…
78F62B3C-1160-49AF-8C64-C62739002C9B.jpeg
I actually wanted a black wall but this was cheap and available.

So the knobbies are finally gone and I bought some mini apehangers. I spent a lot of time fussing with the cables & making extenders & rerouting so they would work.

The tire mounting was the fastest part of the whole business.

@meanstreak
Every year I see videos of people getting rescued from floods by someone who owns a boat.

It doesn’t have to be fancy or powerful. It just has to float.

Of course where you live you have to make sure it doesn’t blow away.
:giggle:
Here in the desert you just have to make sure you don’t leave it out in the sun.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Well it has been the first 100° days here in the desert. Just a quick blip on the summer heat parade.

Anyhow because it’s been so hot in the afternoons I have been mostly working in the mornings and late evenings and into midnight. I finally did hang up all my new bicycle wrenches. There’s about $400 of my tax refund.

DC780649-28BE-432F-889F-A82653A2132D.jpeg I had to take the extension post out of the park bicycle vice because it was just too tall for me.

This thing would work for Wilt Chamberlain. Anyhow it’s now about 6 inches shorter and it doesn’t go up and down, but it’s just perfect. I ditched the complicated clamp arrangement for the tool tray and just put a stainless steel hose clamp on it.
3F87980A-79FD-4CA0-A3B0-BDF07284EECC.jpeg
So the fat white wall is on the rear, and the skinny one on the front.

I bought a black 700C wheel (used) and put it on the Manhattan bike. It works great but it still needs a lot of cleanup. And I need to takeoff all the black. It was hot in the garage because I had had it open all day, and so I was changing tires in the office.
E16FBCBE-C179-46AB-BEA0-078736A72C1F.jpeg
The silver hub Manhattan bike wheel went back on the mongoose. The white stripe tire from the rear of the Manhattan is now on the front of the mongoose. The used tire went on the rear of the Manhattan. I need to get the black paint off all of those spokes too. How ugly…

I picked up these fog lights for about five dollars off the discount table at the NAPA store in Visalia California over 35 years ago. The chrome work is not a good enough to put on my motorcycle or my car and the bulbs never worked either. They still don’t work and they’re not hooked up to anything. Just for looks.

E51BE615-03E9-437A-A072-976A520ADC94.jpeg

This is all starting to make me think that I could throw about 300 pounds of weight off of the Nomad lol. It’s 18 years old and it’s been paid for for 18 years so it wouldn’t bother me to chop it.

4165A6F1-DFA6-4AD2-9EE5-78CDC564F124.jpeg
I am hoping to finish up with the sissy bar today, not polished but enough to install and test ride.

It’s gonna be a lovely day for it here in the ‘burbs and I hope it is just as nice where you are.

Well it has been the first 100° days here in the desert. Just a quick blip on the summer heat parade.

Anyhow because it’s been so hot in the afternoons I have been mostly working in the mornings and late evenings and into midnight. I finally did hang up all my new bicycle wrenches. There’s about $400 of my tax refund.

View attachment 27304 I had to take the extension post out of the park bicycle vice because it was just too tall for me.

This thing would work for Wilt Chamberlain. Anyhow it’s now about 6 inches shorter and it doesn’t go up and down, but it’s just perfect. I ditched the complicated clamp arrangement for the tool tray and just put a stainless steel hose clamp on it.
View attachment 27308
So the fat white wall is on the rear, and the skinny one on the front.

I bought a black 700C wheel (used) and put it on the Manhattan bike. It works great but it still needs a lot of cleanup. And I need to takeoff all the black. It was hot in the garage because I had had it open all day, and so I was changing tires in the office.
View attachment 27306
The silver hub Manhattan bike wheel went back on the mongoose. The white stripe tire from the rear of the Manhattan is now on the front of the mongoose. The used tire went on the rear of the Manhattan. I need to get the black paint off all of those spokes too. How ugly…

I picked up these fog lights for about five dollars off the discount table at the NAPA store in Visalia California over 35 years ago. The chrome work is not a good enough to put on my motorcycle or my car and the bulbs never worked either. They still don’t work and they’re not hooked up to anything. Just for looks.

View attachment 27307

This is all starting to make me think that I could throw about 300 pounds of weight off of the Nomad lol. It’s 18 years old and it’s been paid for for 18 years so it wouldn’t bother me to chop it.

View attachment 27305
I am hoping to finish up with the sissy bar today, not polished but enough to install and test ride.

It’s gonna be a lovely day for it here in the ‘burbs and I hope it is just as nice where you are.
Nice. Funny how big a snowball becomes.

Last edited:
I took the bike down off the rack at 00:45 hrs and at 1:00 I took it for a ride.

8A80BC98-6FEA-4BD8-9A4F-AA0226776A3D.jpeg
This is not the sissy bar I wanted to build, but I ran out of gas too late to get more. I designed this one and made it out of the last and longest piece of half inch tube I had left.

I took Judy out for an early ride and everything went well.
63FCA99C-0AB7-4B2A-902A-769278C8CCE6.jpeg
The seat felt way too small. Too far forward. This bike still needs lots of work
E31253AD-0B31-4A1D-82BD-55D310834C2F.jpeg
The leg position is too short, which means much extra exercise. The seat will go up, and back, and get larger. The frame will get lowered in the back. That will increase rake.
20BD5D02-A71C-4B3C-A984-4AB5C885C8FA.jpeg

I took Judy out for an early ride and everything went well.
View attachment 27315
The seat felt way too small. Too far forward. This bike still needs lots of work
View attachment 27314
The leg position is too short, which means much extra exercise. The seat will go up, and back, and get larger. The frame will get lowered in the back. That will increase rake.
View attachment 27313
It looks like a third of the seat is unused due to the sissy bar position?

Good morning MOers. We drove up to the lake Thursday late afternoon. Yesterday was a very nice day with clear skies, very light wind (5 mph) from the south, and clear skies. We had a high temp of 82.

This morning we have rain showers headed our way. They should be through the area by noon, then more nice weather, albeit a bit windy.

There are lots of folks here, probably more than I have seen since pre covid. I hope it stays that way.

Ya'll have a great dat and safe Memorial weekend.

A salute to all that gave all.

It looks like a third of the seat is unused due to the sissy bar position?
Yes the sissy bar and seat combination is not really for this bicycle. Too small for me.

I’m going to build an adult size banana seat for this bike. I saw some online that purported to be, but they got lousy reviews for thin padding & the upholstery looked second rate.

Kinda like my sissy bar which was cobbled together at 1 o’clock in the morning.

Good morning all of yous. Headed home today after a long weekend at the lake. It was good to see things the way they used to be, pre pandemic. The weather was good but the last three days were very windy.

Have a great day.

I spent the past couple days working on bicycles. I fixed all three flat tires on my nieces tricycle. And I did a lot of work on the mongoose.

Experimental brackets push the seat back and up. I now have a much better leg position when riding.
F9831704-E56D-4FCA-888F-98CB8CBBE23F.jpeg
Also this seat is much more comfortable in this position plus I took the cover off and put dense foam padding in it.
3727E78F-5D49-478C-AAAD-176D93C1EEA2.jpeg
I had to extend the kickstand, And I used this bit from an old air ratchet.
6AF2FB42-1CD9-4FED-9BC9-ACC82C4F58A5.jpeg

4BAE7983-ED86-4E61-B1E3-443EA21EED50.jpeg

6D1EF394-C566-4EE6-994C-931CA17664C3.jpeg

6E803457-D7A1-48ED-B578-CAA9B7F4AC9E.jpeg

It works!

Good morning everyone. We had some rain last night, not sure how much. The thunder woke me about 3:30 . Anyways, the storms have moved on and the clouds are giving way to patches of sunshine.

Have a great day and stay vigilant.

Good morning guys.

It’s been mild here but breezy, with temps in the 80s and a light overcast.

I haven’t done anything except shop for bicycle parts and groceries and work on bicycles, except I did take on a new rescue fish.

This is a very poor picture of Clyde who I believe is a hybrid Electric blue Johanni and Golden mBuna mix. He’s very vicious so I put him in a tank full of tasty guppies and mollys.
4F4DDCC6-4BC1-48F3-AB04-DA1E17F01923.jpeg
They are still breeding faster than my other fish will eat them so now they have a new challenge.

His eyes are very dark but he has bright electric blue “eyespots” just behind his head, that really show off with the electric stripe.
BA2A2799-65FD-4791-9775-7F369F2690CE.jpeg

Good morning. Cloudy and 63. There are rain showers south and moving to the east. We have had enough rain for a while.

Have a nice day.

Back