• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

But government doesn't grant rights, nor can they take them away.

Good morning to you too.

Where are the angry old patriotic men (and women)? As a tail-end "boomer" (I dislike that term because it is used derogatorily by young punks), I have seen many proud men and women slip into sickness, then despair, then death. But what if they went out in a blaze of glory and patriotism? And maybe as a group? Why not make a statement and perhaps start a trend? (that is all I'm going to say--you can fill in the blanks as you see fit...)

Where are the angry old patriotic men (and women)? As a tail-end "boomer" (I dislike that term because it is used derogatorily by young punks), I have seen many proud men and women slip into sickness, then despair, then death. But what if they went out in a blaze of glory and patriotism? And maybe as a group? Why not make a statement and perhaps start a trend? (that is all I'm going to say--you can fill in the blanks as you see fit...)
Because I’m afraid those same young punks would then become even more likely to just call on the SCAR, ( senior citizen armed response) because we are old and not long for this world anyway, therefore more easily sacrificed. Lol

D-Day Remembered, June 6, 1944

During World War II (1939-1945), the Battle of Normandy, which lasted from June 1944 to August 1944, resulted in the Allied liberation of Western Europe from Nazi Germany’s control. Codenamed Operation Overlord, the battle began on June 6, 1944, also known as D-Day, when some 156,000 American, British and Canadian forces landed on five beaches along a 50-mile stretch of the heavily fortified coast of France’s Normandy region.

The invasion was one of the largest amphibious military assaults in history and required extensive planning. Prior to D-Day, the Allies conducted a large-scale deception campaign designed to mislead the Germans about the intended invasion target. By late August 1944, all of northern France had been liberated, and by the following spring the Allies had defeated the Germans. The Normandy landings have been called the beginning of the end of war in Europe.

Belated good morning to all of you. 78 years ago today the beaches were stormed. I salute all of those brave soldiers, sailors, and marines.

I guess it sounds like fun but I just can’t sit around and watch the tube any more. I would rather be doing just about anything else.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Yesterday was spent mostly working on my bicycle. I have been trying to turn 36 black painted and rusty spokes into something shiny.

I should just go buy a set of stainless spokes and re-spoke the whole wheel. This came from the canal rescue bike and it was a bit crusty. Fortunately the aluminum rim was still almost perfect.

I could’ve bought a chromed wheel with chromed spokes but I am really not out for that much bling. I like the lightweight aluminum wheel.

People who are into bicycle bling shop at the Fresno’s Kool Designs low rider shop.

FE313711-09D8-4741-AA97-272C6C9746E0.jpeg
FC4E7746-4541-4D98-ACF1-5381B35223CC.jpeg

Weather here has been in the 90s and it will be 105 by Saturday.

I plan to go ride every morning and evening and during the heat of the day I will hang out in the welding shed or the air-conditioned garage.

It’s really time for me to take a break from bicycle building. I want to do some more work on my truck, and I want to get that clutch straightened out on the Nomad.

I did get my truck detailed yesterday. But I paid somebody else to do it because I would rather work on the bicycle.

I guess it sounds like fun but I just can’t sit around and watch the tube any more. I would rather be doing just about anything else.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Yesterday was spent mostly working on my bicycle. I have been trying to turn 36 black painted and rusty spokes into something shiny.

I should just go buy a set of stainless spokes and re-spoke the whole wheel. This came from the canal rescue bike and it was a bit crusty. Fortunately the aluminum rim was still almost perfect.

I could’ve bought a chromed wheel with chromed spokes but I am really not out for that much bling. I like the lightweight aluminum wheel.

People who are into bicycle bling shop at the Fresno’s Kool Designs low rider shop.

View attachment 27371
View attachment 27372

Weather here has been in the 90s and it will be 105 by Saturday.

I plan to go ride every morning and evening and during the heat of the day I will hang out in the welding shed or the air-conditioned garage.

It’s really time for me to take a break from bicycle building. I want to do some more work on my truck, and I want to get that clutch straightened out on the Nomad.

I did get my truck detailed yesterday. But I paid somebody else to do it because I would rather work on the bicycle.
That trike would look good on a custom lo- boy trailer for when you and the missus go cruzin on Friday nights…lol85E5EA34-AD7D-4F0A-9F71-2C01B0306096.png

A bubble-top Ford Galaxie with Cadillac tail lights? You couldn't drive that car here except at night.

There must be two feet of fill-panel behind the seats . . . . Lots of sanding . . .

A bubble-top Ford Galaxie with Cadillac tail lights? You couldn't drive that car here except at night.

There must be two feet of fill-panel behind the seats . . . . Lots of sanding . . .
If it started as one of those folding hardtop models it might not have been so much work..lol I don’t care for the color, but I do appreciate the bass boat metal flake…lol

If it started as one of those folding hardtop models it might not have been so much work..lol I don’t care for the color, but I do appreciate the bass boat metal flake…lol

I'm picturing it with a pair of rod holders sunk into the rear fenders complete with fishing rods, not unlike the twin antennae they sometimes have. Back in the late 50s, powerboats often had fins to mimic the cars at the time... :)

finboat.jpg

Good morning to all of yous. It's a beauty of a Saturday morning at the lake. 74 with clear skies headed for 93 this afternoon. We have about 5 inches of rain this past week so clear skies are welcome.

Have a great day and be vigilant.

Good morning to all of yous. We had a very nice weekend. The week is shaping up to be typical for us this time of year. Low to mid 90s daytime highs, and no rain.

I hope you all have a great day.

Back