• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Great Idea for Sling

Looks like a great set-up!

Makes great sense for use with a side-mounted front sling attachment point. Magpul us using something very similar on their new SGA stock...

Thanks for posting...

Absolutely.

Hogue's overmolded stock bodies are pretty thick, so I would think it'd hold pretty well...

John at Vang Comp suggested filling the void with some type of bedding or mold, or even a metal backing plate for extra strength.

Dang! I've been trying to think of something like that just never knew where to find that specific style of part & make the install look legit... I wonder if I could run that on a Speed Feed? I don't think I would be able to have it be centered.

Not to hijack, but they're relevant so I think it will fit.
I also have seen that type of sling concept using this product http://www.gggaz.com/qd-sling-thing-sling-attachments.html but mounted on the buttstock.

And then I have seen these little suckers too http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/qd-micro-mount/ They tap into buttsocks. Sexy & Clean looking..! I need me some QD's!

2a5a7yze.jpg

You could even mount it on the top of buttstock if that is the way you prefer you weapon to to hang when slung. Kind like the way a Blue Force Gear buttstock adapter would make the weapon hang, it eliminated twist/roll when attached on the ridge like that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

My thinking with the HK G3 is that you could tap holes all the way thru the stock to the other side, if it lines up right around the stock bolt void. the strength of that would be Idea for long term durabilty

Garmonbozia said:
My thinking with the HK G3 is that you could tap holes all the way thru the stock to the other side, if it lines up right around the stock bolt void. the strength of that would be Idea for long term durabilty

Yeah dude right on... that could work. Are you suspect that the OEM stock wouldn't hold up over time?

Sent from my WX435 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure about OEM stock holding up, But a Hogue 11 or 12" LOP stock and how it will hold up. theres a void in the stock. Main reason I went with 590A1 to begin with was cause of Murphy's Law ;) using that theory I'd suspect that the most rugged attachment you can get would be the best.

Garmonbozia said:
Not sure about OEM stock holding up, But a Hogue 11 or 12" LOP stock and how it will hold up. theres a void in the stock. Main reason I went with 590A1 to begin with was cause of Murphy's Law ;) using that theory I'd suspect that the most rugged attachment you can get would be the best.

Doesn't mossy use speed feed brand on all they're 590 stocks? If they both have a void im not sure a houge would hold up any better. I have a speed feed on mine, the one with the shell holders. I chopped about 2inches off it & remolded the buttpad. It sill holds shells too. Only one in each recess though. Even after modifying it, it still seems rock solid as if it wasn't hollow. I could probably put it in a vise & not have it cave or bend. I just squeezed it as hard as i could & I felt no give.. IMHO, I think as long as the OEM stock is a Speed Feed, you should be just fine.. I mean its not like your gunna be using the sling point it to belay a elephant.

Been looking into some of the other options posted.

Good Ideas all have their pros and cons.

Ater much debating this is the one thing I believe makes the HK style a great choice.

Cheek weld!

With the hk style sling attachment sunk into the stock such as it is. There isnt any hardware likely to come into contact with your cheek besides the sling itself.

Discuss ;) ):

If anything that HK mount would put the webbing further up the stock & closer to your face. Depending on your sling & other variables, with the webbing of it comming down from over your shoulder its going to attach right below your face/chin or whatever... Buttstock adapters that are webbing, generally sit right against the buttpad of the buttstock & keep all that junk behind your head, unless of course your trying to make out or grab a cheek weld with the buttpad. Same thing for the recessed qd i posted about, personally i would run one of those high & to the rear.

Only time I've started eating sling was when I was trying different set ups that were unconventional & weren't going to work anyways.

Other than that im not sure what else to tell ya dude, the kit looks legit, I'd give it a whirl if i didn't have a speed feed with shell recesses..

Back