• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Guilty Pleasures?

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
While I don't consider myself a smoker, I actually despise cigarettes, I will partake in a good cigar on occasion. My current favorites are the Macanudo Hampton Court and CAO Eileen's Dream.

This is usually accompanied by a good whisky or scotch. I've got a bottle of Glenlivet I've been savoring for a couple years. When I finally finish that off I'm thinking of possibly some Johnnie Walker Blue or some other good single malt scotch. As often as I drink it it's an investment that will last me a few years.

I don't partake often, only a couple times a year and it is usually accompanied by a campfire. :D

If anyone has a recommendation for a good cigar or whiskey I'd like to hear it.

Anyone else have a guilty pleasure that only savor occasionally?

I know my buddy like romeo and juliet cigars. I just finish off a bottle of Crown XR that I got on my birthday back in August. Crown XR is one of the smoothest whiskeys I have ever drank.

I quit drinkin almost three years ago, but Macallan 18 was at the top of my list along with Bookers and a few others...

Nice, a few more choices to add to the list.

...also, if you haven't tried it already, Captain Morgan's Private Stock is an unbelieveably flavorful spiced rum that's GREAT for sipping. Used to drink it neat, just like my scotch...

I had Captain Morgan's before and I didn't care for it so much. Does the Private Stock have a different flavor to it?

....I'm thinking a New Years bonfire might be in order....On second though maybe not, around here new years sounds more like the Tet Offensive.

While I am by no means an expert, I do know what I like. Here are the cigars I've tried. The asterisk means I like it a lot! I'm a Bourbon drinker too.

*Rocky Patel Sun Grown

LFD Salomon ( this is an expensive one, $25.00 ea, that I'm letting mature)

Perdomo Patriarch

*Rocky Patel 15yr Anniversary

*Gurka Assassin (Very, very good cigar)

*Rocky Patel Old World Reserve

Rocky Patel Vintage 1990

*Xicar HC

**Brickhouse (this is my everyday go to cigar)

*Carlos Torano Exodus 1959

*Rocky Patel TAA Signature Series

JFR (Just for Retail, so so house brand type)

CAO Criollo (CAO's are good but not anything to write home about IMHO)

CAO Gold

CAO LX2

Cusano 18 Maduro (mild good morning or first time cigar)

*Casa Torano

*Carlos Torano 50 Year

Cusano 18 Natural (same as the Maduro but a bit milder)

A Fuente Grand Reserve

*Romeo y Julieta Reserve Real

Ashton Classic

Macanudo Hyde Park

Helix Blue Tubular (not for me)

MikeD said:
I had Captain Morgan's before and I didn't care for it so much. Does the Private Stock have a different flavor to it?

Oh hell yes!

It has a much deeper flavor, sweeter and more candied than the original, with a hint of warm vanilla. It doesn't drink like an ordinary rum either, VERY smoothe!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
MikeD said:

Oh hell yes!

It has a much deeper flavor, sweeter and more candied than the original, with a hint of warm vanilla. It doesn't drink like an ordinary rum either, VERY smoothe!
That's why I like the Red Stag Black Cherry Bourbon.

I smoke the djarum clove cigars...:0
Chavas regal is pretty good whiskey/scotch. I have to look at the bottle to be sure.
Bookers is some really good sippin as well...and I have a bottle of glen livet which I like too much!

I too like the clove cigarettes on occassion.

I havent had a good cigar in years... but the AF, Arturo Fuentes I liked alot, Macanudo too.

I rarely drink whiskey. Jim Beam, or Makers Mark, even Wild Turkey. I dislike "sweet". Johnny Walker is good stuff too, Black. I havent tried the Blue label.

If I drink, its only just a shot, or maybe a little in a glass to be sipped for awhile. I dont drink to get drunk, cuz that totally sux.

I'll sometimes get specialty beers too. I like RIP stouts, and there are some that are made with chocolate hopps, and even coffee. Good stuff.

I'm a pipe guy myself. Although I won't turn down a good cigar. I absolutely love the aromas they create.

ImAShrimp said:
I'm a pipe guy myself. Although I won't turn down a good cigar. I absolutely love the aromas they create.

Been wanting to try a pipe for some time.

I received a bottle of Gentleman Jack for Christmas. Never tried it before so I don't know it it's good bad or otherwise. I like Jack Daniels so I'll give it as whirl. Campfire tonight should be the perfect time to break it out. If it sucks I have the Glenlivet to fall back on. :-D.

Copenhagen is the only dip I have ever liked! Otherwise, I'm a smoker.

I have been smoking for nearly 20 years. I quite for a couple years, but didnt care for it. The addiction goes way beyond the physical need. The mental never goes away. I thought about smoking every day when I quit. When I got up, after having coffee and breakfast, when I got in my truck to go to work, while i was driving, when I got to work, all day at work, when I got in my truck to go home, while I was driving home, when I got home, after dinner, before bed, and at the same times the next day and every day.

It was maddening. So I started smoking again and now I dont think about it so much. Also, quiting has the word quit in it which I dislike.

The Gentleman Jack wasn't bad, but it just did not have the flavor depth I would have liked.

The Partagás cigar I pulled out of a sampler pack was awesome!

I tried dip once just to try it. Several of my friends at the time liked it. I guess it's an acquired skill but it just wasn't to my liking. That's why we have so many options. :-D

Rossignol said:
Copenhagen is the only dip I have ever liked! Otherwise, I'm a smoker.

I have been smoking for nearly 20 years. I quite for a couple years, but didnt care for it. The addiction goes way beyond the physical need. The mental never goes away. I thought about smoking every day when I quit. When I got up, after having coffee and breakfast, when I got in my truck to go to work, while i was driving, when I got to work, all day at work, when I got in my truck to go home, while I was driving home, when I got home, after dinner, before bed, and at the same times the next day and every day.

It was maddening. So I started smoking again and now I dont think about it so much. Also, quiting has the word quit in it which I dislike.
3 more days and I will have been 6 months without tobacco. I smoked and sometimes chewed too. It’s going good, I am down to a craving about twice a day but a regular piece of gum and I forget about it.....almost out of the woods. I quit in the middle of fire season so it was kind of crazy but it was just time. I used to be able to climb all the mountains on just youth but that isn’t the case anymore. I notice a decent lung capacity difference and the money savings has been great. Pisses me off in a way because I loved smoking and chewing…..lol

Good work Oli! Youre a better man than I am...

I just dont have the desire anymore to quit. I would like to save the money though, and it does bother me knowing there are times i want something and have to save for it but I'm spending the money on smokes instead. That part sux.

Back