1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

Gun Refinishing

Discussion in 'The Workbench: Builds And Modifications' started by TINCANBANDIT, Sep 12, 2018.

1. TINCANBANDIT

TINCANBANDIT Copper BB

Some of you may know me, I am a amateur gunsmith (student really) and have restored/refinished dozens of firearms.

I currently have two Mossbergs on my bench, both .22 semi-autos

The first one I just finished, it is a Mossberg 380 model

These are the before pictures, I'll post the finished pics later with links to my blog

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second one is a New Haven model 250C, again these are the before pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    meanstreak likes this.
  2. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Feel free to post pics of the process. Always interested in seeing how people tackle projects like these. Many of us here have performed makeovers and restorations.
    meanstreak likes this.
  3. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Yeah, you're going to be limited to sanding well into the pitted area. Only so many ways to remove rusty pits. Hopefully, the inside doesn't look as bad as the outside, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Looking forward to how they turn out.
    meanstreak likes this.
  4. TINCANBANDIT

TINCANBANDIT Copper BB

you'd be surprised, one thing I have learned about .22 rifles, when they are neglected on the outside, they often have lead fouled bores, which tend to protect the steel from rust.
    meanstreak likes this.
  5. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"