• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Halloween is almost here!

lol... when you're paying $15 a pumpkin up here.. those are expensive headshots :D

aksavanaman said:
lol... when you're paying $15 a pumpkin up here.. those are expensive headshots :D
Volunteer to collect the old ones the day after from your neighbors and grocery stores. :)

My neighbor grows them on her dad's farm and sells them next door. Last year I saw my son and his buddy over there buying one. When I asked about it, they purchased it to shoot 1/4" steel ball at it with sling shots. We didn't have any cans in the recycling bin and they said paper targets were boring. They got the most out of it by removing the seeds and roasting them on a campfire they built. Pumpkins are fun to shoot as shown by the youtube videos of it.

carbinemike said:
My neighbor grows them on her dad's farm and sells them next door. Last year I saw my son and his buddy over there buying one. When I asked about it, they purchased it to shoot 1/4" steel ball at it with sling shots. We didn't have any cans in the recycling bin and they said paper targets were boring. They got the most out of it by removing the seeds and roasting them on a campfire they built. Pumpkins are fun to shoot as shown by the youtube videos of it.

Best way to shoot them is to cut the top off, scoop it out and fill it with water. Explosive fun! :D

I like your thinking Gunny. I'll have to fill one with water sometime.

Here's a good one. Watermelons instead of pumpkins though.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjmF4mX21j0[/youtube]

My farmer neighbor buddy grows pumpkins. He has a whole field full.....obviously I get a shot at em when he's done harvesting...

;)

ripjack13 said:
My farmer neighbor buddy grows pumpkins. He has a whole field full.....obviously I get a shot at em when he's done harvesting...

;)

I wonder if anybody has ever combined this with the Punkin' Chunkin' thing. Sort of a skeet/trap shoot with punkins and buck shot. :D

,,,,my neighbor's son has a high school team where they build a catapult and have competitions.
they came in second last year at 700'.
i need to talk to the coach,,,,,,,,PULL! :)

Where's LTB45!! That would be right up his alley. Lol

old mossy said:
,,,,my neighbor's son has a high school team where they build a catapult and have competitions.
they came in second last year at 700'.
i need to talk to the coach,,,,,,,,PULL! :)

The MO version of Israel's Iron Dome system. It would be fun to see if the chunkers can get by the 12 gage anti-missile system. Would add a whole new dimension to the contest. :D

,,,,,in NY you're gonna need a background check for the pumkin chunkin. :lol:
thanks gov cumo

I love shoot'n pumpkins and melons!

Used to work summers on a melon farm in high school. We'd harvest and sell what we could and at the end of the season the owner I would spend a day or two splattering what was left. The fun is almost too much to handle... :D

This brings back the horrible memory of the first time seeing a cantaloupe getting blown apart with a shotgun. :(

That is how dad demonstrated just how destructive firearms were capable of when I was very young. I can vividly remember him saying just think if those melons were someone's head. Yikes!

It worked because for most of my elementary school days I was terrified of going anywhere near that closet where he kept all the long guns without him being present. Still to this day when thinking of gun safety that is an image still very vivid in my mind.

Of course that fear factor of my childhood is long gone and its fun as hell to blow melons apart today. :D

GunnyGene said:
I wonder if anybody has ever combined this with the Punkin' Chunkin' thing. Sort of a skeet/trap shoot with punkins and buck shot. :D

This is where a punt gun might be extremely handy :cool: Hell some of those air cannons loaded up with shot instead of pumpkins could assume that role quite well. Fling some pumpkins with the catapaults and let the air cannons go to work ;)

Back