• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Expat_PM

.270 WIN
Happy Thanksgiving

Best of wishes to all of you.
I'm happy to have found this little community and proud to be part of what MO is building here.

I wish for each and every one of you the best God has to offer you and will pray that you have a little time during the next few days to spend with the people you love most.

Now go out there and blow the crap outta something!!! :lol:

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Thanks, Jeff and the same to you.

This is my first Thanksgiving without my Dad and it sure isn't easy. He started a great tradition when I was a young Lad and I Love and thank him tremendously for that and is something my family and I will continue to do. They say time heals but I gotta say, this isn't feeling much better today. :|

God bless all you folks and have a great Holiday!!!

Dave,

It takes time and lots of it.
But trust me, eventually you get okay with it.
I still think of a thousand things I wish I could ask my dad and things I see my boys do that I wish he could share in. He was an great hunter and an amazing mechanic (almost magical how he could diagnose an engine - any engine).

I find myself asking, "wouldn't it be cool if Dad could have been here?" rather than angrily thinking, "why do my boys have to go through life without my Dad?" That ragged edge finally does heal and close up.

My 10 (almost 11) year old son has Dad's gift for anything mechanical or any kind of gadget. He gets hired by neighbors and people from church to repair their vacuum cleaners. Seriously, for cash.
My 16 year old is an "instinctive" archer who amazes me with his ability to hit a target with a recurve and his natural perception about hunting and fishing and music and other bits of life and things going on around him that were so important to my dad (who died many years before either of them were born).

Dad still lives in both of them and this gets easier. In the mean time, I've pray for you today and will some more.

Thank you so much for posting,

Happy Thanksgiving to my favorite group of guys!! I'm thankful for this great community! Enjoy the day with your fam!!

Dave,
No worries, your dad IS there with you on this day of thanks! You may not see him, you may not get to pass the turkey to him, and you may not see him fall asleep in the recliner after the big meal... But he IS there! :) Today will be hard for you and it may feel like something is missing, but you have so much to be thankful for because he left a part of him behind... And that's you :) by carrying on his traditions he is still blessing your family long after his death. What a great thing to be thankful for! Hang in there and enjoy your family today!

Happy Turkey Day to all here at MO!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

My heart goes out to you Dave. I know he's missed, but the memories of happy times will fill the void as you cherish the time spent with your family. Hang in there buddy.

If you ask me, Thanksgiving Day is one of the two (or three) bestest holidays evah.

God Bless our Nation, our Government, our Communities and our friends and family.

All you people are awesome!!!

Thank you all sooo much for the kind and inspiring words. :cool:

Happy Thanksgiving from the family of SHOOTER13 to all my friends and their families on this day of acknowledgement of how truly blessed we are to live in America !!

...And a special thanks to all our US Armed Forces servicemen and women around the globe insuring that freedom !!

usflagwave-1.gif

so i'm outside at my fire pit frying up a turkey. i can only stand a round for so long before i get bored. anyhow, the directions failed to mention how long it should take to heat up peanut oil to 350f.... i'v been out here since 12:15. omg my toes are cold. it's interesting though, i need to get off my chair and push the timer back to on every 15minutes to keep the flame going. whatever...

anyhow, i was surfing the webs and it's funny how i always end up here...
i find it amazing and awesome at the same time, that i have come so far because of this forum. no really...i mean it..everyone here is rockin!! i have learned so much by just taking the time to read posts and stuff here... just to name a few .....shooter has a wealth of info at any givin time. rossignol is always ready to help. at anytime!! lazy eyed sniper is awesome too....mudinyeri is full of surprises, and oli700 has loads of info on ammo..(see what i did there?) lol i kill me sometimes. and glg2 is always great to have around for input from "the other side"...johnA has great info on how to refinish...it's really a great place here. i don't want to leave anyone out but then my post would be a mile long...you know who you are...and i thank you too....

A FEW MONTHS AGO AND I WOULD HAVE NEVER OF TRIED TO TAKE APART A SHOTGUN LET ALONE REFINISH IT!! and now...look at me, i'm reblueing my ithaca model 37 as we speak. i sanded and stained the stock a nice ebony and now i'm doing the blueing...(lol) it's coming out great. yes i'm doing the permablue method, but it's working so far....call me mushy, but i really love this forum. and everyone in it....

i just wanted to say thanx to everyone here for making this place rockin!!1

thank you

ok..i'm done for now, gotta go check the timer and refill my egg nog n jim beam...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING MOSSBERG OWNERS!!!

...let us know how that turkey turns out bro !! And Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours !!

Amen rip!

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad to know you as well. You've been a valued asset to the forum and it wouldn't be the same without you bro!

Holy smokes, I'm feelin all mushy now, like gelatin inside n stuff! I thoroughly enjoy all of you here!

I too continue to learn, I'm thankful for alot of things in my life, I and my own are so richly blessed and are thankful for the blessings God gives us everyday. Each day is new and hopeful, a challenge we look forward to and by the grace of God we all end up back together again when the day is done!

I am also thankful for you here at MO! So many of you contribute, and I am often humbled by the wealth of knowledge that is shared here! I've come to look forward to seeing posts and replies from all of you on a lot of different topics... Sometimes I feel like I can respond really well to a question, so I do. Then one of you will post and realize how much I am still learning!

So... Thanks weird MO family, and happy Thanksgiving to you all!!!

A hardy thanks to all that make this site what it is and I hope you had the best Thanksgiving possible.

I got up this morning, made coffee, let the dogs out, took a cup of jo to my better half, went to my sisters place about 2 miles away, got myself stuffed more than the turkey, had a few good words with fellow family and friends and got home soon enough to get a bit more landscaping done where I have my range and l was amazed that my better half actually came out and helped.

All in all it was a good day.

Only thing left is check on the kennel, feed Gus and Lilly, mix a drink, settle in and not worry about all the fools rushing out to be taken advantage of with Black Friday deals, buying stuff that most of them didn't want to begin with.

I'm sure there are some good deals, but. I plan and hope that I still have just a little money in the bank for the next gun show in Fort Worth. This time it will be on New Years Eve and New Years Day.

Again, Thanks to all of you here at MossbergOwners.com and hoping that you all have Happy Holidays.

so after another 45 minutes...i gave in to michele's demands. so i put it in the stove. i really was hoping that'd be turning brown like it shows on the packaging. oh well. next turkey i fry is going to be in the summertime! no more of this cold toes crap...anyhow...it came out moist and really juicy!! and just like emeril and rachel ray says...BAM!!! it was delish!

Back