• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from Belgium !

bravach

Copper BB
Hi there,

Here is a short introduction about myself. I'm 21 and I live in Belgium.
My greatest passion is collecting and shooting vintage surplus firearms which is a really difficult hobby in a country like mine. In fact, most people here think it's totally forbidden to possess a weapon and will treat you like a terrorist if you say you have one ! :?
But, it's also an advantage because of that you have the choice when you want a particular gun at good price. :mrgreen:

I wasn't familiar with the Mossberg family until past year when I found a rare MB-42 in the biggest armory in Belgium (which should appear quite small besides an american one). I'd previously tough Mossberg was only a shotgun/hunting rifle manufacturer.
I decided to register myself on this forum because a member of yours invited me after I'd posted a picture of my rifle on Facebook. So, I will post more details about it in the proper section.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! I want to start collecting some vintage Mossbergs myself so I look forward to your pictures and posts. If you come across any in your searches please let us know. Do you have any other firearms at the moment?

Yeah, for sure :

-M38 mosin-nagant carbine (captured by the Finnish army during the continuation war) from 1941
-N°1 MK III lee-enfield rifle from 1917
-FN browning HP 9mm pistol from 1991
-Beretta M71 .22 pistol from 1973 (served as side-weapon in the Israelian army)
-Ruby 7.65mm pistol from around 1914 (sidearm found by my grandfather who fought the nazi's at the sides of the US Army, from the Battle of The Bulge to the liberation).
-Bulldog .380 blackpowder revolver from 1894 (it was the revolver of my great-great-grandfather :eek: )

And also a replica of a remington 1858 revolver.

WOW, nice collection you have there! I can't wait to see a photo of that M71. I'm a bit of a Beretta fan.

Weclome to the forum! I'm glad you decided to join up. Take your time looking around the site and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. I dated a young lady from Belgium for a few years. She was from a small town outside of Chimay I believe, but I don't remember the name. She always spoke very fondly of home and I'd love to visit some day! When she would return home to from visiting family she always brought back suitcases full of beer and chocolate! Great stuff!

Enjoy the site!

All the way from Belgium and a very nice collection indeed!!!

Glad you found your here, thanks for signin on!

Back