• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from Newnan, Georgia

Gator64

Copper BB
Hello I wanted to support an American company so I have recently purchased a Mossberg 930 Home Defense shotgun with the 18.5 inch barrel ( 12 gage 8 shot capacity). I have read several posts about the loading and ejection problems with this model. I have purchased the Or3gun security combo and the Or3gun ECF-930. I would like to know if I should order the Or3gun CFR-930 field fit. Is there an after market tube extension that I could swap out for the stock one and still have the same shot capacity? This shotgun will just be for home defense. I would rather purchase the upgraded parts and not have a problem. If I pull the trigger I want it to go boom. Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge with me, lots of good information on this forum.

Gator, welcome to MO forum. Years ago I was a neighbor of yours, living in Jonesboro. Happy to be out of there, now living in E TN. Do you do any competition shooting around there?

Welcome to the forum from Florida and congrats on your new Mossy.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Scoop I mainly shoot at the range. I'm not but a bad shot with a rifle or shotgun but not so good with a pistol. Hoping to work on that in 2017. I haven't checked but being near Atlanta I would think they have competition shooting nearby.

... I haven't checked but being near Atlanta I would think they have competition shooting nearby.
The is plenty of competition "nearby" where you are.

Indoor USPSA match every Tuesday night at Autrey's [Fayetteville] and Thursday at Atlanta Range & Ordnance, Newnan. Classifiers 2nd Tuesday & Thursday the next week.

See: https://www.facebook.com/SouthAtlantaPSC/

For outdoors you have Griffin Gunclub [in Griifin] and South River GC [near Conyers].

Welcome to the club Gator.

And thank you for supporting American industry.

I own a Mossberg shotgun, 22 semi-auto, and 30-30 lever. These are fantastic guns for the money, and I would never want to sell any of them.

Thanks for the welcome Caddmann Q. Scoop the Atlanta Range & ordnance is where I shoot in Newnan. Thanks for the information!

:cheers:
Howdy Gator and welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions.

ripjack13

:welcome:

Since I have just purchased my shotgun I haven't been to the range yet. How are the stock extension tubes working on this model I purchased? I was thinking of putting a Nordic +2 with an SBE Precision MXT cap on this shotgun. Any thoughts on extension tubes? Ripjack13 thanks for the welcome!

Welcome aboard!

I run Nordic extensions on both my 930''s and they have served me well.

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to pics of your 930. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Lazy Eyed Sniper: thanks for your welcome and the reply about the Nordic extensions. Once I finish my 930 I will post a picture.

Back