• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello, new member with a question

Vector

Copper BB
I have not owned a Mossberg before and have been looking for a fun shotgun, not another for HD.

A friend of mine has a Moss 500 Tactical Persuader with a Knoxx sidewinder kit which I fired and liked. However I was not crazy about the lag/drag when cycling, but he said it was not yet broken in. Later he said he took it to a local gunsmith and ironed out the cycling issue.

So assuming I would like it now, I was wondering what would be a fair price to offer him since he said he was going to sell half his collection, this one included. I know he does not care about money(has more than he knows what to do with), but I also do not want to insult him either with a offer too low. Granted he might not care, but I'd at least like to get an idea of the high and low range value in todays market.

Any helpful suggestions might have me on the road to being a 1st time Mossberg owner.

welcome to the site !, I know they no longer make the sidewinder kit. Cant remember what the cost was but I remember thinking it was alot....in the 300's ? The 500 its self if in good shape should be worth around 200 or so. To the right person the sidewinder is worth alot to others it is worthless. Offer him 300 or 350.

Welcome, and we're happy to have you!

My thoughts exactly on the $300 ish! Nice guns too, I have a Persuader!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! I would say in the $300 range would be fair. Let us know what you end up doing and if you get it be sure to post up some pictures!

Welcome aboard!

Good luck with the 500 Pusuader, you certainly have nice taste in shotguns! We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of any firearms you own. Stop in and visit all the various sub-forums and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Vector !!

I'll have to agree with the others on the worth of your friends shotgun...around $300 is fair.

No, he decided on keeping it.

I bought a 590 instead and now want to add an ATI or other recoil suppressing stock. However I want it to meet up flush with the receiver. Some that I've seen look as if they are not flush if anyone here knows what I mean.

I know what you mean...

The 590 is a sweet shotgun too! I also have one! ;)

Back