• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Home Made Dummy Rounds

Man, if you have more of those junk pewter figures I'll trade something for you to send me them!!! Seriously! Heck, I would even pay cash.

I used 3 m epoxy. The ten minute dry stuff...

nitesite said:
Man, if you have more of those junk pewter figures I'll trade something for you to send me them!!! Seriously! Heck, I would even pay cash.

I have a few of em...do you collect em?

I don't collect pewter per se but I'm always needing tin to add to my bullet alloy and it's hard to find. Would you sell them or consider a trade?

Can i donate to the cause? Its junk chinese stuff. Real shiny. Not dull like normal pewter.

ripjack13 said:
Can i donate to the cause? Its junk chinese stuff. Real shiny. Not dull like normal pewter.

Hmmmm, I might need to re-think this if it's more pot metal than real tin/lead pewter of old. :?:

Does it bend readily?

Hey guy's new member here. Lot's of great ideas here.
I've been making "more lethal" rounds by trimming the ring, emptying birdshot, filling with BB's and capping with hot glue. The wax technique scared me because it melts at around 100 degrees but hot glue doesn't melt until it gets to 125 or so. Anyway, it's the cleanest method I found because I use the glue gun and if it's rough on top I can smooth it with the side of the glue gun tip. I also made some solid slugs out of glue and birdshot that put quarter sized holes all the way through a regular (thick), phone book, with low brass. I'll have to try some of these also but I think I'll stick with the hot glue for capping them, plus it's cheap.

I was thinking the other day of this and was wondering about a wooden dowel, epoxyed into the shell... Just for a "practice" or demonstration piece. I can't seem to find any reason why it won't work, and basically it'd be free as well...

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I was thinking the other day of this and was wondering about a wooden dowel, epoxyed into the shell... Just for a "practice" or demonstration piece. I can't seem to find any reason why it won't work, and basically it'd be free as well...

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Another good idea. :)

Frugal, yes! That's why I went with the mil-surps also. Along with their quality and the cheap ammo.

I have dowels and pvc, maybe I'll combine them.

I don't store these rounds in the gun btw, I have 00 buck in it for HD. But I've never had a problem cycling these mutant rounds and I've made a lot of them.

Back