• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How did you hear about or find MossbergOwners.com??

Howdy mdbayfish and welcome to the club. Glad you found us. Sad to hear about your 930...that blows. Hopefully you reported it stolen?
Was there something specific you were researching? Or just looking for a friendly forum to get more info on that sweet new 930?...
;)

Hi!

I've been doing internet research on Mossberg's waterfowl shotguns. Came across this forum and bingo; it looks like a great forum!
A little info here: Several years back my Daughter and I purchased a couple of silver reserves in 20 gauge, and these have been great field guns. We initially purchased these to satisfy break action requirements for NAVHDA and other bird dog clubs training sessions. Since then we've also used them for dove, quail, and ducks. So, since these have a trap/skeet stock configuration, eventually we'd like to modify/change the stock for field use. Maybe after the quail season!

Anyway, I just purchased a waterfowl 930, and reading the instruction manual was surprised to learn the full choke tube can also be used for steel shot. Interesting, and a boasting point, as many other s/a's only recommend using improved or mod tubes for steel.

I'm going to love this gun!

Any thoughts or recommendations prior to patterning it this weekend?

Thank you in advance if someone has the time to give suggestions!

Patrick

Thanks for dropping in Patrick!

You're gonna fit in quite well around here. You might try posting your patterning question in our "Ammunition" sub-forum for a little more visibility. I'd love to help, but I've got zero experience with patterning chokes. I know someone will be along shortly to share some experience.

Congrats on the new 930 and welcome aboard...

Hi!
And thank you for welcome!

It's Friday and we're gonna' be burnin' some powder this weekend-and breaking a few birds!

We are glad you decided to join our community! Welcome aboard.

I found this forum while searching for a forum specializing in Mossberg shotguns. Down the road I want to tune up my little stock 500 and this seems like the place to be for that advice. Every where else I had been was too full of that elitist snobbery. Mossbergs were bottom of the barrel low end to them. I like quality and a bargain :mrgreen:

Hey all. I found your sight by blind luck while looking for info on how to upgrade my 500 mariner. Looking forward to some info.

Vinny

Welcome aboard Sir!

Take a look around and feel free to jump in on the conversation anywhere. Let us know if you have any questions...

Back