• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

hsgi shell card

Perhaps if you try posting this in the Bags, Gear and Load Outs forum your question may get some more widespread attention. The Ammunition section isn't your best target audience.

Found this from an older post...

jimmycrackcorn said:
KentuckyWindage said:
How are the hsgi shotgun cards working so far?

Unfortunately they aren't. I'm going to have to return them, they are either defective or just don't hold period. If I was to take my finger & flick a shell, it would just about come out. I'm on the fence about returning them though because if you look closely you will see hook & loop on the face of the TACO. The TACO doesnt come like that. The Loop is part of an molle adapter that came with the HSGI Shell Trays, it is what I based my idea off of. So if I have to return it the idea stops working. HSGI said that they were willing to work something out but I haven't taken the initiative to get the ball rolling yet.

The Shell Trays in the rear of the TACO's are Esstacs, contraire to whats been written around the net they hold 10x tighter than the HSGI's & good enough for just about any use. They hold 7rounds which makes them a little tall for this setup using the TACO's. I contacted them & they said they could make me some 6 round configurations at no extra charge. Again.. I just haven't taken the initiative to pull the trigger on it. Been busy & broke lately, thus the reason I haven't done a formal write up on this sucker.

You can find the post and some additional reading on similar set-ups here...

Battle Rattle

Thanks and thanks good reading there not sure what to believe I have seen the esstec ones are the updated version doing dome more homework on this idea

I run the ESSTAC cards on my 590.

They work great and are still holding the shells nice and tight...

Think you pretty much have me sold on the ESStac saddles question is the 15 bucks is that for 2? Good deal if it is?

Nope, it's $15 each.

Even buying two plus a couple bucks for some industrial strength adhesive velcro for the receiver and it still beats the price of most side-saddles...

Still looking at shell cards I have seen a couple different kinds guess it comes down to availability and the place where I buy them from? Like the SOE and esstac cards so far

Back