• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I like the walmart scopes

BowerR64

.270 WIN
There are 3 walmarts near me i think 5-10 and 15 miles away. Ive been trying for .22 ammo so i randomly go to any of these 3 looking for ammo some times rifles.

Anyway they all have about 6-7 scopes on the hangers not behind the cabnet. Tasco, bushnell and centerpoint. I started with the little 3-7 20mm but they were fairly hard to look threw that little tube and it made it harder i think. I then tried the 3-9X and they were about the best fit for my .22 rifles and AR.22s

I bought a centerpoint because it was simmilar in size as the tasco 40mm but had LED reticle not a big deal but looks cool sometimes. This one is fixed at 50 yard parallax and it couldnt be changed (big let down)

After trying all of them on the hangers ive found the best one to be the 3-9 tasco 40mm now its setup for 100 yards parallax but you can adjust it really easy. At the end of the bell there is a ring you spin off and there is a little notch in a ring to adjust the front glass. I have 8 scopes the 3 larger tascos were set for 100 yards, the 4X was set for 50, the 2 smaller 20mm ones were set at 50 and a 4X centerpoint was set at 35.

I set em all for 25yards because thats where i shoot most often plinking around and stuff. Each tasco needed about a half a turn in to set to 25 yards and it was good to go. I think most of the cheap scopes have adjustable parallax (sept that one 3-9 centerpoint it was glued at 50 yards)

Parallax1_zpsae99977e.jpg

Back