• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ISIS holds Victory Parade

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
While Obama hits the links, ISIS holds a Victory Parade. And not a Warthog in sight. :rolleyes:

ISIS militants have held a twisted victory parade after taking the key city of Ramadi in an orgy of violence and beheadings - and the extremists could march on the Iraqi capital Baghdad within the next month.

Mutilated bodies scatter the streets of the 'Gateway of Baghdad', where Islamic State slaughtered around 500 and forced nearly 25,000 to flee their homes over the last few days.

Now ISIS has released images of militants celebrating, children wielding automatic weapons and a fleet of pick-up trucks carrying its jubilant fighters through the blood-stained streets of Ramadi.

Shi'ite fighters have already launched a counter-offensive to recapture the city, but these kinds of tactics play straight into Islamic State's grand plan to spark all-out war in the region, according to the Middle East director of counter-terrorism think-tank RUSI.

Islamic State militants are already marching east towards the Habbaniya army base - around 20 miles east of Ramadi - where a column of 3,000 Shi'ite paramilitaries are amassing, witnesses and a military officer has said.

28D3FDBB00000578-3085486-image-a-28_1431965907871.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eries-suicide-car-bombings.html#ixzz3aa8GZykn

We actually have several means to deal with such things. But, the leaders would have to approve them naturally and that's not going to happen.

Yup seems like a missed opportunity to put a heck of a dent in the ISIS forces.

I guess they didn't want to damage any of our equipment we funded.

Yup seems like a missed opportunity to put a heck of a dent in the ISIS forces.

I guess they didn't want to damage any of our equipment we funded.
You and I think much the same Mike.

In all honesty, I think ISIS/ISIL is like any other revolutionary/guerrilla force that has been secretly funded by western or westernized nations in order to achieve a goal. In this case, I believe a bunch religious psychos are being used to create anarchy and chaos so the western world has a reason to keep "control" over the Middle East and its vast oil and gas reserves. Without ISIS there would be no real reason for a continued, active military presence there.:(

Love the gunship video, Gunny. Worked on them for a couple years. Helluva platform but too heavy, too slow to take out a column in the daytime. A-10's (which I also worked on) are also too slow. Fast movers on that "parade" would be a better option. Like the killing highway in the first gulf war...

cmcdonald Blood for oil? Really?

Do you not think there is a connection between our continued involvement in the middle east and oil?

cmcdonald Blood for oil? Really?
I'm suspicious you're being sarcastic...;)

I think anyone who believes that western involvement in the Middle East is wholly a righteous and humanitarian act is smoking some really good stuff...

The worst part in this...people are suffering and dying. If western countries were interested in ending this...it would have been ended already. Those ISIS pissants don't stand a chance in the face of a coalition force or the individual force of just about any western country period.

What say you?

Let's think about those Western Nations that are funding blood for oil. U.S.A.? Obama hates oil and coal. No drilling on Federal land. His EPA is closing coal mines. No Keystone pipeline from Canada. He is reducing the Military and retreating from Middle East. You can follow the retreat by the slaughter of Christians and Muslims by ISIS. Not U.S.A. Canada? They are selling the oil they drill. Also their Military is smaller than New York Police Dept. Not Canada. Mexico? Right now Mexico is into blood for drugs. So, help me, who is funding " Blood For Oil"?

Let's think about those Western Nations that are funding blood for oil. U.S.A.? Obama hates oil and coal. No drilling on Federal land. His EPA is closing coal mines. No Keystone pipeline from Canada. He is reducing the Military and retreating from Middle East. You can follow the retreat by the slaughter of Christians and Muslims by ISIS. Not U.S.A. Canada? They are selling the oil they drill. Also their Military is smaller than New York Police Dept. Not Canada. Mexico? Right now Mexico is into blood for drugs. So, help me, who is funding " Blood For Oil"?
You said a real mouthful there!!;)

But, don't forget that the western world encompasses more than North America. The western nations also include our allies in Western Europe as well.

Whoever controls the oil, holds the reins of economic power.

If there was a will to bring ISIS to its knees in Iraq...it would be done. I do not see that this is the case. With the needless and indiscriminate deaths of innocents where is the knight and white horse of the western world to right all the wrongs? Our countries might as well be throwing spit balls at ISIS for all the good being done there.

Whatever Obama's agenda is, is truly anyone's guess.

@JimN...an FYI

The Canadian Armed Forces though very small compared to the U.S. and others has always played an up front and pivotal role in our coalition forces. With the exception of the 2nd invasion of Iraq. In Afghanistan our troops led the reconnaissance and cave crawling searching for Al Queda fighters and insurgents. Canadian troops led the initial searches for Bin Laden. Our snipers provided over watch to coalition forces on the ground.

Though I know these facts are often overlooked by American media...facts are facts. Our troops are some of the best trained and battle tested soldiers on this planet. They have fulfilled UN peace keeping duties since the start and hardly a year has passed that Canadian soldiers do not see action somewhere.

I would stack our 65,000 regulars against ISIS any day. There would be no contest.

You're off your original topic , "control of Middle East". I have nothing against Canadian Military. But please don't slam the U.S.A. No conspiracy, just an incompetent American President. Would you believe he told the graduating United States Naval Academy that global warming was their greatest threat. WW11 was America's last victory by our Military. Since Korea, all our conflicts are controlled by D.C. politicians. Sad. That's my last replay, no trolling from me. Take care.

You're off your original topic , "control of Middle East". I have nothing against Canadian Military. But please don't slam the U.S.A. No conspiracy,
I don't believe a criticism of the media entails a "slam" of the USA. In fact, I have the utmost respect for my southern neighbours as I'm sure many here will attest to.

This is not just a USA problem. This crisis in the Middle East is fast becoming a global problem. As is the radicalized ideology that fuels it.

If you believe that Obama, his poor administration and some radical nutcases are the reason for the continued slaughter...you're entitled to your opinion.

As to my follow up post regarding the Canadian military...strictly informational.

And I would say your assertion that the Canadian military is not even as large as NYPD was an overt slam or sheer ignorance. No calling the kettle black please.

No further replies from me either...I think I'm quite done with this.

Thanks for the post up Gunny...sorry it went sideways....:oops:

Thanks for the post up Gunny...sorry it went sideways....:oops:

No problem. Discussions of war and peace often take side trips. As my favorite ancient General said: "Warfare is important to a nation. It is a matter of life and death. It is the way to survival or to destruction. So study it." :)

This is the problem with Obama - He doesn't take it seriously, but instead tries to avoid it. He forgets that the other guy has a vote.

Last edited:
Back