• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Just Odered a 590

marv02

I am new to the shootgun world I sold my 40S&W when my daughter was born about 10 years ago but what going on today I have a great reason for getting a new HD weapon so the 590 is what I went with.

I ordered the SP 9 round 20" Parkerized with the speed feed stock I planing to put a forehand light I and I don't remember what they called but one dot things on the bead that glows at night like to put a side lazer but thats in time.

Welcome from the South. Great shotgun you ordered there, Sir!

Keep us in touch when you get it, and as you get things ready for HD.

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post pics of your 590. Take a look around and feel free post pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Well I must admite at first I Ordered a Winchester SXP defender it sounded like a very good HD SG.

But after doing more reading about the SXP there not much if any aftermarket stuff for it and it only holds 5 rounds and you can not put a magazine extention on the SG made me start looking for anouther SG.

I did more research and the 590 seems to be the best choice after all hold more rounds there alot of aftermarket parts if I want to go this route sure the overall lenght is 1.5" longer but the extra rounds if ever needed will be worth the extra 1.5 over all lenght.

I also have read if you have a Home invasion there most likely be 2 to 5 intruders to deal with this where the 9 rounds can save you.

The only draw backs I had to pay a 10% restocking fee to change my order from the SXP to the 590 and the worst is now I have to wait a extra week or 2 for the 590 to show up to my local dealer so I can pick it from them.

It'll be worth the wait!

Looking forward to your impressions and review once you've had a chance to heat up the barrel a bit...

Howdy marv02 and welcome to the club. :D
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions. We hope you enjoy it here with our laid back, relaxed approach at Mossberg Owners.
And remember....
We're here to help, not hinder. ;)

ripjack13

I ordered a meprolight bead for $21.00 it was cheep the light will be next but it might be a month before I get one.

I like to have a lazer but not a must but it be nice for the wife to tell her what the lazer light on thats what your going to hit.

Back