• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Kryptek Typhon

bofor

We have received the Kryptek Typhon version of the JM Pro in a dealer in UK. they are a long way from where I live and I wondered if any of you have seen them and what do you think.

Is it a "dip" coating and would it peel if the stock was cut down ?

I can't find anything on what type of finish. I suspect it's hydro dipped but am not positive.

If its hydro dipped, it shouldn't peel. A hardner is applied and as long as you aren't using a rough cut blade I wouldn't expect it should harm the finish but I have no way to know for sure.

A hydrodipped pattern should not peal off but may chip with the plastic if tou are not carefull in cutting it.

Not a good idea then if I think the stock "could" be too long, its about $30 more than the Black version

Keep in mind that the metal recoil spring tube runs nearly the entire length of the stock.

There is only a very small amount of material you'd be able to remove from the end of the stock and the effect on overall length of pull would be negligible...

Back