• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Laserlyte center mass

poppy

Copper BB
Has anyone who has purchased the 590 Shockwave mounted the laserlyte center mass laser? If so, can you write a short review and maybe include a pic or two?

Thanks

Has anyone who has purchased the 590 Shockwave mounted the laserlyte center mass laser? If so, can you write a short review and maybe include a pic or two?

Thanks
*UPDATE* I received an email yesterday from Serena with Laserlyte. In her email, she stated that the Laserlyte center mass cm-k15b is no longer in production so that shoots down my search for that model. It is still listed on Amazon but I will go in a different direction. Now, CDMGEAR is close to releasing accessories for the shockwave.

*UPDATE* I received an email yesterday from Serena with Laserlyte. In her email, she stated that the Laserlyte center mass cm-k15b is no longer in production so that shoots down my search for that model. It is still listed on Amazon but I will go in a different direction. Now, CDMGEAR is close to releasing accessories for the shockwave.

I'll be interested to know what direction you end up going. I put a Venom red dot on my Shockwave. It took me about 30 seconds to decide that I hated it. I shot it last weekend with just a front bead and I'm accurate enough with it for my needs.

I can see a projection laser having a valuable place on a shockwave, depending on the shooter.

I can see a projection laser having a valuable place on a shockwave, depending on the shooter.[/QUOTE]

I'm using a Streamlight TLR-2 HL ® G on my Shockwave mounted on a picatinny rail on my receiver and really like it. Dialed it in and it puts the 00 buckshot exactly where I want it. Provides me with the option for light if required and can be operated with the thumb of my trigger hand.

Shockwave.jpg Talon Grip.jpg Strap Covers.jpg
DSC00718_zpsulfyiuqj.jpg
I can see a projection laser having a valuable place on a shockwave, depending on the shooter.

I'm using a Streamlight TLR-2 HL ® G on my Shockwave mounted on a picatinny rail on my receiver and really like it. Dialed it in and it puts the 00 buckshot exactly where I want it. Provides me with the option for light if required and can be operated with the thumb of my trigger hand.[/QUOTE]

I've also added a full metal trigger, a Vang Comp oversized metal safety, Talon grip tape to the Raptor grip, and covered the sharp burned strap ends with 9mm thick butyl rubber. Really fun firearm to shoot!
library
DSC00723_zpsiy4km8fr.jpg.html
DSC00718_zpsulfyiuqj.jpg.html

Last edited:
White Oak....I have a Shockwave on order. I never thought about the ends of the forward strap irritating my hand. Your solutions looks good and functional. I will keep it in mind.
As for any laser, I am considering one from Laser Max that is low profile so I can slide the Shockwave into a scabbard.
I see you have a UTG top rail. Are you okay with it?

White Oak....I have a Shockwave on order. I never thought about the ends of the forward strap irritating my hand. Your solutions looks good and functional. I will keep it in mind.
As for any laser, I am considering one from Laser Max that is low profile so I can slide the Shockwave into a scabbard.
I see you have a UTG top rail. Are you okay with it?
Rico, you'll really enjoy the Shockwave. The UTG is lightweight and low profile. I have it on several of my tactical shotguns. I'm not sure I'd use it for a heavy tactical scope, but for mounting a laser, it works great.

I'll be interested to know what direction you end up going. I put a Venom red dot on my Shockwave. It took me about 30 seconds to decide that I hated it. I shot it last weekend with just a front bead and I'm accurate enough with it for my needs.

I am going in the direction of a Streamlight light/laser. I really think the TLR-4 would suit my needs but I wonder if the plastic body would hold up on the shockwave. The TLR-2 has a metal body but I don't really need the more powerful light. I have read a few articles where guys have mounted a tlr-4 and had no issues. I plan to mount it at the very front near the barrel takedown nut. Does anyone have a front mounted tlr-4 on their shotgun or, specifically a shockwave? If so, how is it holding up?

I used a GG&G short rail (1655R) light mount. I only mounted the light at night. During the day, without the light, the rail is very compact. The rail is not in the way at all, and clears the corn cob without any problems.
However, I don't have the light you are asking about. Mine is the TLR-1 HL, and it works fine with the Shockwave.
(I changed my foregrip and don't use a light for now.)
GGG Lite Mount2.JPG GGG Lite Mount 1655R.JPG

View attachment 15299 View attachment 15300 View attachment 15301
DSC00718_zpsulfyiuqj.jpg

I'm using a Streamlight TLR-2 HL ® G on my Shockwave mounted on a picatinny rail on my receiver and really like it. Dialed it in and it puts the 00 buckshot exactly where I want it. Provides me with the option for light if required and can be operated with the thumb of my trigger hand.

I've also added a full metal trigger, a Vang Comp oversized metal safety, Talon grip tape to the Raptor grip, and covered the sharp burned strap ends with 9mm thick butyl rubber. Really fun firearm to shoot!
library
[/QUOTE]

White Oak 590A1-- great job on your Shockwave! I'm wondering about the "9mm thick butyl rubber"...where can I get this?...did you perhaps cut up a butyl rubber glove?...but the 9mm is a bit confusing to me. Any more info would be greatly appreciated.
Hubertus

I took a nail clipper last night to the sharp corners & edges on miine..worked great. No problem now.
library

White Oak 590A1-- great job on your Shockwave! I'm wondering about the "9mm thick butyl rubber"...where can I get this?...did you perhaps cut up a butyl rubber glove?...but the 9mm is a bit confusing to me. Any more info would be greatly appreciated.

Back