• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Limbsaver Recoil Pad for 590A1?

I posted this elsewhere, but this appears to be the proper place.

Which model Limbsaver recoil pad fits the 590A1? I can't find one listed anywhere, even on Limbsavers own web site, for the 590A1, or any 590 for that matter. Does it take the same pad as the 500? Are the stocks of the 500 and 590A1 identical? I was going to order the pre-fit version of tne Limbsaver.

Thanks much.

IMAG0082.jpg

I just installed the medium size pre fit. It is a little big but it works. Also the bottom screw hole have to be elongated about 1/16th of an inch.

Limbsavers designed to fit the model 500 will also fit 590 and 590a1 models since they all use the same factory stock.

Thanks for the info. I've never had trouble with shotgun recoil in the past, and I'm certainly not a recoil whimp, however, I had my right shoulder (rotator cuff) repaired a few years ago. While I could probably deal with the OEM recoil pad, I'm not taking chances. I may also lean towards the WinLite flavor of slugs and 00 too.

This week I bought a Limbsaver Model 10201 Precision Fit Recoil Pad from Wal-Mart for about $30 plus tax. I had to order it on-line, and shipping to the store 1/2 mile from my house was free. The model 10201 is indeed a "precision fit" for the 590A1. Super easy to change it out. No problems at all. A phillips head screwdriver and you are good to go. I'm anxious to get out and shoot this thing soon.

Limbsaver also has a measuring chart you can download from their site and measure against your stock (without recoil pad). I have a #10201 on my 930 and a #10102 on my 590A1 with the Hogue 12" LOP stock. Best addition made to them so far.

Back