• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

loaded up some 9

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
hard cast 124gr 9mm, spent 3 hours at the press today and the CZ is going out for the maiden voyage tomorrow.

IMG_0718.jpg

Looks good Oli !!

Post a range report on that CZ and your home rolled 9mm...

KickASS!

I need to get me some fresh 9mm brass as well as more bullets, Do you make your own bullets? I like the copper plated 115gr myself.
Good luck!

These were given to me, if they shoot well I'll get a mold and start casting them since I have everything I need to make em

They all shot good, as good as anything I buy from the store. The HS6 powder was very smokey though

oli700 said:
They all shot good, as good as anything I buy from the store. The HS6 powder was very smokey though

oli, it wasn't the powder. It was the bullet lube applied to the cast bullets that smoked. :geek:

nitesite said:
oli700 said:

oli, it wasn't the powder. It was the bullet lube applied to the cast bullets that smoked. :geek:
Agreed, I dont care for lubed bullets.
Good to hear they all worked as they should.

nitesite said:
oli700 said:

Ahhh, makes since why it got worse with rapid fire

Next batch of reloads for the CZ. These are custom length for my particular chamber so I am looking forward to shooting them.
The bullet is a Barry’s 124 grain plated hollow base flat tip over 6 grains of HS6.
IMG_0737.jpg

yeah well it went like this.....I gave the CZ a polish job on the sear, the trigger bar and under the sear cage, long story short I am waiting for a firing pin block lifter spring to show up in the mail lol......did you know it cost 9 bucks to ship a spring that weighs less than a stamp? At least its available.....I'll learn to leave them alone some day but this turned out real nice, I just misplaced a spring , I ordered two and as soon as I get it back together I'll let ya know :oops:

It was more the only choice.....The flat tip is for nothing more than a nicer hole in paper. I wanted to try the hollow base, 124 grain and Sportsman's only had flat tip hollow base in 124 so I took them.

WOW - Both batches look great and PLENTIFUL! I've had very good results shooting flat nose 147 Fed Am Eagle in competition. Now I'm working with Montana Gold round nose still trying to find that sweet spot for a new competition load. I have an IDPA match Sat. and am not sure if I will shoot my best hand loads to date or use factory. I'm currently not buying any new stuff which could mean shooting 115 ball or 124 JHP. I have not tested the #7 yet so I'd be loading WSF - we'll see!

Have fun with the CZ!

Back