• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Looking for a gun i saw on swamp people.

Sfd714

.270 WIN
I was watching the new episode of swamp people and troy was shooting what looked like a lever action ruger 10/22. Can any one shed some light on this? What make model and cal is it?

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.

Re: Looking for a gun i saw on swamp people.

It's a .22 Magnum Ruger 96/22...

They were discontunied about ten years ago...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

That's it.

It cracks me up seeing those guys use a .22 to put down those gators. Maybe it's my lack of alligator hunting experience or some kind of cajun bravery that I'm missing but I think I'd be going for a bigger gun.....say a .500S&W magnum or a 12ga with slugs. Why risk pissing off something that big that bites back?

I'd have to take the penalty and go for the sure kill, man.

Did anyone else catch the episode the other night where Jay Paul jumped into the water and grabbed the one he had wounded trying to shoot in open water?

Nope....no way......uh-uh.....not this cat.

Tim4k5 said:
It cracks me up seeing those guys use a .22 to put down those gators. Maybe it's my lack of alligator hunting experience or some kind of cajun bravery that I'm missing but I think I'd be going for a bigger gun.....say a .500S&W magnum or a 12ga with slugs. Why risk pissing off something that big that bites back?

If it was me I'd use a pistol of some sort for close range shots, I think it would be awkward trying to point a rifle at something so close. If you want to see people piss off gators though, you should watch gator boys on animal planet. It's much more entertaining...

Tim4k5 said:

Did anyone else catch the episode the other night where Jay Paul jumped into the water and grabbed the one he had wounded trying to shoot in open water?

yeah, but Jay Paul just aint right....

I watch the show regularly despite the bad editing.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

I kind of been looking for one ever since I saw it on the show. I've yet to see one for sale anywhere around these parts.

Everybody screws up but their prime shot objective seems to a point blank brain shot - seems to settle those gators down pretty well +1 if it's a magnum, yes!?

Good friend of mine has a 10/22 magnum...been trying to talk him out of it for years. They don’t make that one anymore either, bummer

I have a 10/22. But i didn't think anything of it when i seen the top of the receiver and then he works the lever. Never seen one before. And im a huge fan of the 10/22.

Tim4k5 said:

Some people just ain't right in the head. But ya gotta give them points for bragging rights.

Attachments

• a98253_gator.jpg
    a98253_gator.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 172
Back