• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Lots of ?s and not afriad to ask dumb ones!

kebu

.22LR
Hello all,

First-time firearm owner, I checkout this site and liked what I saw so I am glad to be aboard.

Last weekend I bought

a 500 cruiser, it came with a pistol grip and this FAB forearm w/ 3 rails http://tinyurl.com/3hph3ef

First question is, the forearm has a little side to side movement.. .some wiggle... is this normal or should the forearm only really move parallel to the magazine tube?

I'll ask many more, but that's my biggest curiosity right now.

Attachments

• mail.google.com.jpg
    mail.google.com.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 548
I know mine isn't super tight and has a little wiggle room. Wouldn't want any binding in the action. Looks like you have the same tri-rail I have on my 590A1.

Welcome aboard!

Yes, welcome aboard!

Nice taste in weaponry, I've got a 590 Cruiser myself. The side-to-side is absolutely normal. The little play in tolerance is part of what contributes to the 500's inherent reliability. The tighter the tolerance, the more chance dirt, grime, and debris to interfere with the action during heavy/extended use.

Glad to see you join up, we've got a great group of folks here. Take some time to browse through the various sub-forums and let us know if you have any questions. Be sure to post up some pics of any other firearms you have. Here at Mossberg Owners, the only thing we like more than talkin about guns is lookin at em...

Enjoy the site!

welcome kebu..just remember this...
when it comes to guns, there is no dumb questions.
better to be safe than sorry.

glad to have you aboard. as lazy eyed said...the only thing we like more than talkin about guns is lookin at em...nice cruiser. what's the primary use going to be? HD, huntin, or targets?

Lazy is exactly correct! Many "duty" firearms are less than "tight". Just exactly as said, the wiggle room is what keeps the firearm working when everything sux. My daughters .410 has a little more than even the 500A. (very nice Cruiser/Persuader 20" btw!!! I also have the Persuader)

Welcome to the MO, ask away! ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome, and the info of the wiggle!
@ripjack13 the chief reasoning was HD, so I am thinking that I need to get a light first.
However, I need to get outdoors more so I am hoping to learn about activities just as much as about the Mossberg!

Rather than dump all my queries here, I am going to do as Lazy Eye suggests... start exploring the sub-sections o' my new community!

See you out there!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! It is great to have you as part of our growing community. Feel free to post up any and all questions you may have and we will do our best to answer them. Congratulations on your new Mossberg 500 cruiser.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners forum kebu !!

That's a nice 500 ya got there...where's the heat shield ? ( just kiddin' ) :mrgreen:

Here's my 500 Cruiser ( w/heat shield )

MOSSBERG500CRUISERsmall-1.jpg

Also...looks like we're neighbors...where do you shoot !?

I haven't found my place for shooting yet... I'm in West Chester so TargetMaster is a likely choice

Here's some places you could check into..

Double Action Inc Indoor Range
611 Industrial Park Drive, Yeadon, PA
(610) 626-2995

Delaware County Field & Stream Association
713 Chester Creek Road, Brookhaven, PA
(610) 872-9728

Delaware Rifle & Pistol Club
508 Belmont Avenue, Wilmington, DE
(302) 995-9956

Atglen Sportsmen's Club Inc
Creek Road, Atglen, PA
(610) 593-6096

^^^not sure if that one is too far for ya...

The tactical guns are usually just left loose to prevent binding and bending, yep. There are higher grades of Mossy's, though, usually any gun with a gold trigger, that have flat springs built into the front of the action bars that serve to dampen and almost eliminate the wobble in sporting guns. Might be worth looking into if your wobble bothers you. Spot welding fixes it once and for all, too, but I don't recommend that.

rich

Back