• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

magbus sight modification ideas?

arcole1983

Copper BB
so i bought some magbus flip up sights for the t715. seeing how theres barely any kick i figured these would be great, specially for the price. the problem ive ran into is that the mount they have is too smal for the rails supllied on the t715. so my Question is does anyone have any good ideas on how to modify the rails or the sights to be compatible?

Welcome aboard.

Most of the time the MBUS will fit without modification. It's a tight fit and some members have gently tapped them on with a small mallet. If yours absolutely will not fit, you can try filing a VERY small amount of material from the inner contact areas of the sights. Try to fit them on again and if it is still too tight, file a slight amount more. Repeat as necessary until you're able to slide the sights into place. Keep in mind that these sights are supposed to fit snug on the rail even before you tighten them down...

Thanks for the idea. I'll try filing the sight and if that's not enough ill probably take some off the rail. I just ordered a 45 degree front and rear sight made be venom, 200$ sights found them for $25!! If I don't like them then I'll try modifying the flip up sights. Once again thanks and ill ill post an update later down the road

arcole1983 said:
Thanks for the idea. I'll try filing the sight and if that's not enough ill probably take some off the rail. I just ordered a 45 degree front and rear sight made be venom, 200$ sights found them for $25!! If I don't like them then I'll try modifying the flip up sights. Once again thanks and ill ill post an update later down the road

I wouldn't take any off the rail, check with a friend who may have a different scope or sight to see how it fits, if you take some off the rail every other sight may not fit well, the MBUS are easy enough to modify, However I have never needed to.
best of luck and welcome!

So I filed down sight. Couldn't take enough out with out effecting the durability of them. Did how ever received the 45 degree sighs from venom. Preaty sure they'll work great! Just have to get used to the shoulder positioning to use them. Thanks for all the suggestions and help

Back