1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Magpul Angled Fore-Grip: AFG/AFG2 Review

Discussion in 'Product Review' started by LAZY EYED SNIPER, Nov 24, 2011.

1. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Well gald to see there are others keeping watch, wherever you are...
  2. tomcat

tomcat .410

Thanks. Same here. And it's in Brooklyn.
  3. CanuckBuck

CanuckBuck .410

I know this is an old topic, and my appologies for bringing it to life after so many years...

I was curious to know if the Magpul AFG or AFG2 would be useful on my Magpul edition Mossberg 590A1?

I've never used an angled foregrip and have no clue how it feels, or what I might even expect from installing it on the pump.

Anyone's thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
    meanstreak likes this.
  4. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

I do have more experience with angled grips now than when the topic was started.

I do have an AFG1 on my 500. It's not mounted on a magpul forend though.

I have mine on an Ergo tri-rail. And on the side, are magpul textured rail covers.

I really like this combination.

You can't really see the angled grip in the picture well, but it's there. And I like the way it feels.

[​IMG]
    meanstreak and CanuckBuck like this.
  5. CanuckBuck

CanuckBuck .410

Thanks John. I suppose it is more to grab on to while racking then forend? That 500 looks great and the camo suits the landscape well!
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    meanstreak likes this.
  6. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

Thanks. It's called NaturalGear camo and works well in my woods.

As for front grips, I used a Tango Down front grip on the gun for years. It allowed me to carry the gun muzzle down while holding the front grip and tucking the butt of the gun underneath of my arm. It's surprisingly comfortable that way.

The angled grip is better just to help cycle the gun. It is easier (especially on the wrist) than a traditional forend.
    meanstreak likes this.