• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Man With Loaded AR-15 Spotted At Virginia Recruiting Center

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
A guy in Virginia decided to do something after the (sorry Barry) muslim terrorist attack in Chattanooga yesterday. He took his AR-15 to the local recruitment center and stood guard out front. I think that was pretty damn cool thing for him to do. Apparently it happened at some other places around the country too.

As usual, the politician's that decided these members of our military can't be armed have their own worthless hides protected by guns.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ide-recruitment-center-they-paid-him-a-visit/

A guy in Virginia decided to do something after the (sorry Barry) muslim terrorist attack in Chattanooga yesterday. He took his AR-15 to the local recruitment center and stood guard out front. I think that was pretty damn cool thing for him to do. Apparently it happened at some other places around the country too.

As usual, the politician's that decided these members of our military can't be armed have their own worthless hides protected by guns.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ide-recruitment-center-they-paid-him-a-visit/
^Man, now that is super awesome. I'd like to buy that man a beer and a steak dinner

Texas Governor Abbott authorizes the National Guard to carry on base: http://www.kltv.com/story/29578746/governor-abbott-to-order-national-guard-to-carry-guns-on-base
That's a sensible move and a start that I hope will spread like wildfire. Because we wouldn't be able to pull off what this Virginian did in blue states and it's largely symbolic anyway. I like that the message is: if you won't allow our soldiers to protect themselves, we got their back. The way I look at it, it's a way to shame pols into action.

Texas Governor Abbott authorizes the National Guard to carry on base: http://www.kltv.com/story/29578746/governor-abbott-to-order-national-guard-to-carry-guns-on-base
That's a sensible move and a start that I hope will spread like wildfire. Because we wouldn't be able to pull off what this Virginian did in blue states and it's largely symbolic anyway. I like that the message is: if you won't allow our soldiers to protect themselves, we got their back. The way I look at it, it's a way to shame pols into action.
Whoot Whoot!! Lumme some Governer Abbot!!
He got us open carry, carry at the school, wants TX gold back, sent TX guard to oversee Jade Helm...
He pissed off the globalists somethin' fierce, now they're trying to indict him cause he didn't fill out some paperwork

Army chief of staff Gen. Ray Odierno said on Friday he has no plans to arm recruiters or add security patrols to military recruitment centers in the wake of the Islamist terror attacks on unarmed, unguarded military offices in Chattanooga, Tennessee on Thursday. Odierno basically said he doesn’t trust his troops to handle their weapons properly.
Also on Friday, the Marine Corps ordered recruiters to not wear their uniforms at work for ‘force protection.’

Odierno basically said he doesn’t trust his troops to handle their weapons properly.
Also on Friday, the Marine Corps ordered recruiters to not wear their uniforms at work for ‘force protection.’
That's a politician, for you, and a CYA guy talking, not a soldier. "Blend into the general population and lay low, but don't even think of arming yourselves", huh? What I'd wanna hear is: "Let them come and have some". If they're hoping for those attacks to blow over so we can go back to the status quo I don't see why they would.

Here comes the back lash against the people standing guard at the recruiting locations. I have read that the servicemen have been very appreciative of the thought and some spouses have brought drinks and food for appreciation. It's a shame they even have to go out there. The anti gunners say only the police and military should have guns but they seem to be even against that now.

“If questioned by these alleged concerned citizens, be polite, professional and terminate the conversation immediately and report the incident to local law enforcement …,” the command advised.

WASHINGTON — The Army has warned its recruiters to treat the gun-toting civilians gathering at centers across the country in the wake of the Chattanooga, Tenn., shooting as a security threat.
Soldiers should avoid anyone standing outside the recruiting centers attempting to offer protection and report them to local law enforcement and the command if they feel threatened, according to a U.S. Army Recruiting Command policy letter issued Monday.
Armed citizens — some associated with activist groups and militias — were standing vigil outside recruiting centers in Wisconsin, Georgia, Tennessee, Idaho and elsewhere this week, saying they want to provide protection to servicemembers barred from carrying firearms on duty.
“I’m sure the citizens mean well, but we cannot assume this in every case and we do not want to advocate this behavior,” according to the Army Command Operations Center-Security Division letter, which was authenticated by the service.
Recruiters were ordered not to interact or acknowledge the armed civilians, who have been greeted by a mix of concern, indifference and gratitude by the public.
“If questioned by these alleged concerned citizens, be polite, professional and terminate the conversation immediately and report the incident to local law enforcement …,” the command advised.
As the incidents crop up around the country, police could be asked to confront the civilians with guns on the Army’s behalf.
“Ensure your recruiters clearly articulate to local police the civilian may be armed and in possession of a conceal/carry permit,” it told the centers.
The command said recruiters should also immediately fill out an Army security report.
Kelli Bland, a spokeswoman for Army Recruiting Command, said the service has been increasing vigilance following the Chattanooga shooting and that local residents can help in other ways.
“Local communities can support our security by reporting suspicious activity, particularly around recruiting centers,” Bland wrote in an email to Stars and Stripes.
Concerned citizens began gathering at the centers shortly after the shooting in Tennessee, and governors in some states ordered recruiters to armories or to be armed for protection against potential terrorist attacks. Congress has also pushed for the Defense Department to lift its current policy.
The founder and president of Oath Keepers, a Constitution activist group based in Las Vegas, issued a national call Tuesday to guard centers, while members were already guarding centers in Tennessee, Arkansas and Oklahoma, president Stewart Rhodes told the Associated Press.
Rhodes told the news service it’s “absolutely insane” that recruiters aren’t allowed to be armed.
“They’re sitting ducks,” Rhodes said Tuesday. “They’d be better off if they were walking down the streets of Baghdad, because at least in Baghdad, they could move. Here, they’re stationary.”
In Lewiston, Idaho, three men with a group known as “3 percenters” — a national alliance with members who prepare “for any situation, man-made or natural” — were standing watch outside a recruiting office this week, the TNS wire service reported.
“They supported us, and now we’re here showing them that we support them,” said Matt Dillard, of Clarkston, Wash., who was among the men.

Seems like the insane are running the asylum.

Sadly, its logical. Good people step up to do good things, bad people take advantage of the situation to do bad things. Catch 22

I'll just leave this here.
----------------------------

By LINDA GREENHOUSE JUNE 28, 2005

WASHINGTON, June 27 -
The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation.

The decision, with an opinion by Justice Antonin Scalia and dissents from Justices John Paul Stevens and Ruth Bader Ginsburg, overturned a ruling by a federal appeals court in Colorado. The appeals court had permitted a lawsuit to proceed against a Colorado town, Castle Rock, for the failure of the police to respond to a woman's pleas for help after her estranged husband violated a protective order by kidnapping their three young daughters, whom he eventually killed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/p...a-constitutional-duty-to-protect-someone.html

I've known of that Supreme Court ruling for a long time and this is what makes the gun situation so ridiculous in this country (given that we have a 2A, unlike most other police states posing as democracies). Total catch-22: "We can't guarantee your protection, but we can't let you have/carry the tools to ensure it yourself. The antis live in La-la Land and believe, like the ostriches that they are, that society is safe enough that your need for protection is grossly exaggerated, and threatens their own safety."

To be fair and disregarding the politics, it's true that an armed man standing around, no matter how noble the intentions, is a reasonable cause for concern to police and those he means to protect. That's why they invented uniforms, after all. I've worked plain clothes security enough to know what it leads to (calls to police and shake downs). While working plain clothes security (not undercover = obvious) I was once approached by a concerned citizen in the middle of Beverly Hills: the old guy had seen a "black man with a gun on his belt"! The area is always crawling with uniformed and CCW security, cops and often government protective details near the big hotels.
- "Was the weapon in a holster?", I asked.
- "Yes, on his belt. I saw it!".
- "See a badge?"
- "Not sure."
- "OK, we'll keep an eye out", I then said. Can't have a black man around with a gun, see (lol)? Meanwhile I knew of at least two African-American bodyguards working within a 2-block radius. I just rolled my eyes at my partner as we were both packing too.

I've known of that Supreme Court ruling for a long time and this is what makes the gun situation so ridiculous in this country (given that we have a 2A, unlike most other police states posing as democracies). Total catch-22: "We can't guarantee your protection, but we can't let you have/carry the tools to ensure it yourself. The antis live in La-la Land and believe, like the ostriches that they are, that society is safe enough that your need for protection is grossly exaggerated, and threatens their own safety."

One of the things that the 2A guarantee's is much more than protection against criminals.

It protects against this.

The last Jew in Vinnitsa, 1941.jpg

russian spy laughing through execution.jpg

rabbi.png

4-german-soldiers-excecute.jpg

Army chief of staff Gen. Ray Odierno said on Friday he has no plans to arm recruiters or add security patrols...’

This is the result of 6 years of Nobama and "yesmen" wanting to keep their jobs and pensions. If these men (ie: Joint Chiefs) really had any love for this country, they would resign en masse. Not that that would do any good as Nobama would just replace them with IS or Alqueda operatives. Do you really believe Bin Laden and all those other "2nd in commands" are dead? They are Nobama's biggest advisors! :mad:

One of the things that the 2A guarantee's is much more than protection against criminals.
Hence my contention that countries that don't have a 2A in their constitution are only posing as democracies. ;)

In the case at hand however, the concern is protection against direct attacks from criminals/terrorists. That's one reason why I'm not seduced by promises of safety from politicians. "Tough on crime" is just another label to get elected. They want us to feel safe so they can disarm us and then it's open season on the serfs they don't like. So let me have my garden variety criminals; I think they're part of the food chain. Just let me keep my tools to deal with those is all I ask. Later, and if it comes to that... the guns can always be called upon to fight off the biggest criminal of them all. :eek:

Back