• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

maverick 88 20 guage stocks

any pics and info on stocks or pistol grips. im wanting to change mine. also any tips on shortening the barrel maybe. would like to cut it down to a half a mile. its just used for home defense and leans on the wall next to the bed.

You can also use 12ga stocks on your 20ga Mav88.

There will be a slight lip where they meet the receiver,but they will fit.

Cutting the barrel you can use anything from a hacksaw to a good pipe cutter.(remember most states it can't be less than 18 1/2")

hot dang 18" barrel and 26" overall length. wonder how you would measure it with the folding stock. lol hold on officer let me open the stock . haha

When you measure the barrel for cutting measure with the barrel on the gun down the inside of the barrel to the bolt.

I would give it the extra 1/2"(18 1/2") just to be safe.

Also before cutting I would measure the overall length with the new stock on and folded just to make sure.

hot dang 18" barrel and 26" overall length. wonder how you would measure it with the folding stock. lol hold on officer let me open the stock . haha

The stock won't matter.

With an 18.5" barrel the '88 measures exactly 26" from the tip if the muzzle to the rear end of the receiver, so the minimum overall length requirement is met even without any stock or pistol grip...

was at wally world buying some .308 ammo and saw a 6 position stock with a foregrip for a mossberg 500 or 88 12 guage for $59. may get that next week.

Back