• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: Want a well made gun light

I like Streamlights myself but they are pretty much all I have ever used.

They hold up exeptionally well.

How bright are you planning on going? I've found that at some point having more lumens becomes counter productive and caused more reflective glare and loss of night vision than lower power lamps.

I've seen a lot of folks getting the cree bulbs, and to be honest, I'm perfectly content with 60-120 lumens.

I've seen 300 and 400 + lumen lights becoming available, but at the cost of vastly reduced run time on a set of batteries. Sometimes life is measured in MINUTES rather than hours/days.

If I could find a good LED light that ran off of AA batteries with approximately 100 lumens give or take that had a long run time, I'd prefer them over the CR123 batteries that are hard to come by and fairly expensive.

Almost all of my weapon lights are G2 surefires and Ombu's, which I don't think are imported any more.

John you jogged my memory, I have a G2 on my AR. For some reason I was thinking it was made by Streamlight.

It's a good light as well, but I have not abused that one as much I have the Streamlights.

I run an ITAC TFL2 on my carbine.

Its 120 lumen output is perfect for my needs and it runs on a single AA battery. I've had it for well over two years and haven't needed to replace tha battery yet. Also have their model WLL1 on my nightstand pistol. It runs at 130 lumen off of a CR123A battery that I've had to replace three or four times in the last year...

A great light is the Pelican M6 2330 LED and it's very affordable.

100-lumens for 6-hour runtime from two CR123A batteries. That's hella good.

CNC machined aluminum body, tailcap clickie, lockout ring to prevent inadvertent battery drain, and it's made by Pelican.

http://www.pelican.com/lights_detail_sp ... ordID=2330

And the Pelican awesome Lifetime Warranty.

I have Streamlight Polytac's on all my long guns. Their LED, 120 Lumens, light weight and fit in any 1" light mount. I have had no issues using them on my SKS, 10/22's and my Mav88 shotgun. They all still function just fine after hundreds of rounds of 7.62, 12ga. and many thousands of .22.

Their ~$40 form just about any where and run on two CR123 batteries. A set of batteries last for ever if you don't leave it on all the time. The Polytac has around a 3-4 hour run time if left on continuously.

Hi.
I recently purchased from an Ebay seller this model:Jetbeam PC-10 with XM-L led and capable up to 550 lumens,compact(90mm) and with several modes of lighting.It runs with one CR123 battery,but the maximun output is reached with RCR123 (rechargables).
I needed a good light to track (and if necessary shot)wounded wild boar at night with very dense vegetation,after using bow and arrow from tree-stand.Finally I decided to buy it.A good flashlight at a good price.I paid about 40 USD.
I installed it with a metal clamp in secons in the left side of barrel with easy access to switch with finger.
The link:
http://www.jet-beam.com/links/pro/pc10.aspx

Features
• Premium CREE XM-L T6 LED
• Maximum output of 550 lumens
• Maximum runtime of up to 177 hours
• Special designed user interface for tactical applications
• Rapidly switch between Tactical mode and User-defined mode
• User-defined mode allows for customized brightness levels and a multitude of functions
• Anti-roll design
• Newly designed high efficiency broad voltage drive circuit
• Reverse polarity protection
• Equips removable stainless steel tactical clip
• Lightweight design, weighing only 51g (without battery)
• IPX-8 standard waterproof (two meters)

Specifications
LED: CREE XM-L T6
Max output: 550 lumens
Reflector: Aluminum reflector
Lens: Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with anti-reflective coating
Material: Aero grade aluminum alloy
Finish: HA III Military grade hard anodized
Battery: 1xCR123 battery
Switch: Forward clicky
Waterproof: IPX-8 standard waterproof
Dimensions: Tube diameter 22.5mm, Total length 93mm
Weight: 51g (without battery)
Accessories: Lanyard, spare rubber tailcap switch cover, spare O-ring and holster

We use streamlight lights at the fire dept. Good tough lights.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.

Yesterday,I tested first time the Jetbeam PC-10 when returning from tree-stand(about11.30 pm).With normal CR123 it has a powerfull and open wide focus with no visible rings.With RCR123 it will reach maximum output.

nitesite said:
Well, it is expensive but I think the best shotgun weapon light (and it's incredibly bright) is made by Elzetta.

Still going with the ElZetta.......... I cannot kill it no matter how hard I've tried. Abuse? Uhhhh..... Yeah.

Any comments on UAG Tactical Kit

Thinking of buying the UAG New Generation Tactical Shotgun Coversion kit: Six 6 Position Adjustable & Collapsible Stock + Rear Pistol Grip + Shell Holders + Recoil Butt Pad + Sling Swivel Stud + Tri Rail Forend + Light + Laser + Grip. Seems like a decent deal but almost too good to be true. I read reviews on Amazon. Reviews seem mixed but more on good side. Just wondering if anyone here has any experience or comments.

Re: Any comments on UAG Tactical Kit

No personal experience but when I was looking for a Collapsible stock, the UAG and ATI stocks seemed to reign supreme on the budget side. Whilst they lacked some final detail, they made up by being solid and rugged. That is taken from many hundreds of reviews I have read between multiple forums.

The only pieces I would honestly consider are the Stock, and Vertical Fore-Grip. Maybe that flashlight... But for $118 You could dig up a Blackhawk Knoxx Gen1 on Midwayusa or put together a budget Mesa Tactical LEO Adapter (Adapter is seperate from tube, stock and pistol grip)... just some options out there for the same price range. The LEO Adapter would require you purchase a separate forearm but well worth it. The LEO is an AMAZING piece of equipment. I'm not bias at all ;)

Make sure you are overall happy with what you spend your money on!
Also, WELCOME TO MOSSBERG OWNERS!!!

Feel free to PM or Email me if you have any questions on the LEO. I have lots of Hands-on exp with that setup!

sidewinder venom

Does anyone have any personal experience with the Sidewinder Venom modified mav88? I am very interested in one, but not if they jam up or take 20 min to swap drums or reload.

Re: sidewinder venom

The only information i have about them is very old.

I am going to guess about 8 years ago, they used to be made by knoxx, which discontinued them not long after.

The rights and everything were later sold to another company, who had a table at shot show last year because I can remember talking to site owner Dhonovich about it in a thread, but I have not seen any for sale, nor advertisments, or anything else.

Re: sidewinder venom

I will be talking with them at SHOT Show this year so hang in there and I will get you some current information on the setup.

Back