• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Lights & Sights

tomservo92

.270 WIN
My latest (and last for awhile) mod to my Mav

I added a Streamlight Polytac LED light on a GG&G mounting ring.

evanybun.jpg

8a2ane7y.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Re: My latest (and last for awhile) mod to my Mav

nice!!! :)

Very nice Tom!

How d'you like the light so far?

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Very nice Tom!

How d'you like the light so far?

Very solid materials, excellent illumination. It really makes my night sight light up. So far, very impressed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very nice!

Glad to see you're liking it...

that will get the job done !

Re: fiber optic sights

I think another would be better then the single bead on the end of the barrel. My step father had fiber optic sites on his dept issued 870 years ago and loved it. How much are the sight that you are looking at

Got a good view of the bead sight just looking for something easier to look at

You're welcome Sir.

Many of us here on the forum use these beads. I have Meprilight sights on a couple pistols as well and they do an amazing job under any lighting conditions...

I like that Meprolight Front site. Has anyone ever mounted a rear sight to a Maverick 88, without having a gunsmith drill/tap the top of the receiver? I am hoping to be getting an 18.5" barrel soon, but am not thrilled about loosing that mid barrel "rear" sight I currently have on the 28" barrel.

All I can say that it's a sturdy metal mount I've got a scope mounted on it now waiting to get it out to the range and shoot some slugs.
I did have to get a longer ejector screw. No big deal.
Other ones I looked at were made of polymer,didn't care for plastic.
I found out about it from one of the mods here ripjack13,he has one on his 835.

3.JPG

I optioned for the dual flashlight lens & have the red laser system. It is a 2 in 1 mounting system. It does require a-little weapons dis-assembly to fit over the tube. It exceeds field use.

Back