• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MIddleton DTM 330 SS

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
My addiction struck again, I just ordered another bow. This time a Middleton DTM 330 SS. Shipped fro Canada so not sure how long it will take to get here.

DTM330SS.jpg
It's similar to the Excalibur Matrix series but lighter, shorter and several inches narrower than my Phoenix.

More details when I get it.

Looks like a great price. Most I've seen are over $1k. Have you shot one before?

Looks like a great price. Most I've seen are over $1k. Have you shot one before?
No I have not but I hear great things about thewm. Derrick Middleton seems to have quite a following. The ones I've seem for over 1K are the 400fps + models.

When it rains it pours, a used 355SS has managed to fall my way as well. The 355 is the one I really wanted but could not find anywhere. Basically the same bow but a tad bit faster. I may have to compare and pick one to keep and one to trade.

There is a YT video where Derrick put a set of custom limbs on a Scorpyd crossbow and pushed it over 500fps. That is insanely fast for a bow.

330 arrived on Wed. Still sitting in the box. I want to test out the 355 before I set this one up. If I really like the 355 I may sell this on as NIB.

DTM330SS.jpg

The used 355SS I've been waiting on was delivered to the wrong address. DOH!!!

The USPS will send someone out to "attempt" to retrieve the package. They can't tell me where it was delivered, could be someone in the same office complex for all I know or someone on the other side of the city.

All I can do is keep waiting......

Got the mis-delivered bow. Now to decide which to keep and which to sell. ;-D

Well, I sold the new 330SS ended up keeping the used 355SS model I bought.

Finally made it out to do some real shooting over the weekend. Man is this thing fast.

MiddletonDTM355SS_001_zpshjoldtif.jpg

The guy that I bought it from added the foam cheek piece and I it works perfectly and puts my head in exactly the right alignment with the scope.

MiddletonDTM355SS_002_zpsp7ugmnpt.jpg

MiddletonDTM355SS_003_zpsisc2i3g4.jpg

Hard to make out but pretty consistently 352.6 fps Shooting 18" Excalibur Diablo topped with 100gr field tips for a total weight of 352 grains. I've never been a speed freak when it comes to bows and this is the fastest bow I have owned to date. I can't imagine what some of the 400+fps bow must be like. I've also never been much of a carbon arrow fan but I thought I would try them again with this setup and so far they seem OK. If they can pass through a bag target they should be OK for turkey and deer.

MiddletonDTM355SS_004_zpsjf3lungk.jpg

20 Yard Shot. This small discharge target is the only one we had that I didn't shoot through so I had to use it for all my sighting in.

This thing is a beast and accurate as hell. My target out to 40 yards looked just like the one at 20. I topped it off with a Hawke SB1 SR Scope. This is a speed adjustable scope. Sight it in, adjust it to the speed of the bow and you are good at all ranges. Pretty nice setup and didn't take long at all to sight it in. It's basically a zoom scope but zooming it changes the view of the crosshairs, once set you cannot use the zoom else it will throw adjustment on the multi-retical display.

The only thing I don't like about this bow is the lack of quiver mount. I have a couple options I'm looking into but all involve drilling and tapping the rail to accept some type of rail or mount. I'll post up more pics once I decide exactly what I'm going to do.

I'll be using this in the turkey woods this week. The Thunder Chickens better beware!!!

I could totally side step that thing.........lol

looks like too much fun

I thought of you as soon as I heard about that kid killing kids in his school with a crossbow......shame it happened, glad it wasnt in this country, hope some jerkoff doesnt copy cat here

eta, now its the teacher dead , rest are wounded only

Last edited:
I could totally side step that thing.........lol

looks like too much fun

I thought of you as soon as I heard about that kid killing kids in his school with a crossbow......shame it happened, glad it wasnt in this country, hope some jerkoff doesnt copy cat here

eta, now its the teacher dead , rest are wounded only

First I heard of it so I had to look it up.

I want to know:

1. How does one CC a crossbow into a school? They are big and don't fit into a bag or under ones jacket. I find it a chore to carry it to my blind.

2. How does one get more than 1 shot off without getting pummeled by everyone else? They are really slow to load and shoot. In fact I don't know how he could get one shot off.

The smaller pistol models are a little quicker to cock and load but still more than enough time for one, two or more people to tackle him to the ground.

Crazy world!

Back