• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Misspelling epidemic

meanstreak

.30-06
"Philanthropist"
Due to the horrific increase in spelling errors by the American public, especially those that are the most vulnerable, college students, I am calling on all of my friends and neighbors, real and imagined, to contact their state and federal legislators and call for more comprehensive controls of pencils. We cannot as a society continue to allow this horrific use of pencils to continue. We can only hope that our lawmakers find it within themselves to take on the all powerful NPA (National Pencil Association). The NPA lobby controls congress and must be stopped immediately before we lose another generation to spelling errors caused by pencil manufacturers. The manufacturers have to be held accountable , and the time is now. Don't wait another hour, call now.

Congressional switchboard: 666-550-U812

I get your point :) But we do need sensible pencil control. They sell those things in packs of 12. Who needs a dozen pencils?

The anti pencil people would trample our right to own and use pencils if we allow. Their next step will be to limit the pencil packs to 10, or maybe even 6 pencils.

What about the autos? You know, like google docs or Microsoft word? Those already have built in safeties but few people use them and ruin it for everyone else. But a whole lot more WPM can be had with those. I mean, when I was in school, the goal was for 50 to 60 words per minute but now it's like... a gajillion. A lot of millenials can be offended in a very short amount of time. Like in 3 seconds or something and more to the point, ppl aren't always even using spel chek. So, yeah, srsly.

Screw the pencil grabbers!

What next?

A tax on Ballpoints? Registeted charcoal? Sharpie bans? Federal background checks to buy graphite?

I think I heard on MSNBC that if Trump is elected he is going to tax the lies put out by the DNC. Debt problem solved.

And they also sell high capacity erasers.

Not only for pencils

They sell erasers for chalkboards

And even have spellcheck on computers, that spell more words wrong than I d.

Are you two going to vote for Trump, too?
Where are the wares we're going to wear?
Their guns that they're going to shoot are over there...

I think you have a good eye for humor, aye?
When there were still four Republican candidates left I never thought I would vote for Trump; that was before he came to the fore.
I wonder whether the weather will have any influence on the turnout.
You could make a case that if the rain would rein in some voters it would affect the US reign.

Back