• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mo bill to require notifying school if you own guns

Apparently the work "encourage" does not mean what I thiought it does. Looks like the definition has been udated to mean the same as 'coerce", "force' and 'require'.

I do find it interesting the verbage they use to make these proposals sound tame and less intrusive.

I agree fully with some of the comments. Those that would be most likely to disclose are most likely not the parents that pose a problem and that laws like this will not stop the behavior that they say they are intended to stop.

This is a great example of why we should not have registration.

The fact that we have police, jails and people dead, hurt and violated in some form every day is pretty clear proof that laws do not stop people that want to commit crimes from comitting them. Completely remove guns from the equation and there is still a hell of a lot of bad stuff taking place every minute of every day around the world.

Uhhh....wow. I can't believe the stupidity of the politicians that bring this crap up. I have no doubt that some day these kind of laws will be passed and I will become a criminal when I refuse to follow it. Just unreal.

The only time I would be comfortable informing a teacher if I owned guns, would be if I were homeschooling the kids.

Which based on some of the teachers I have came across, would probably be an improvement anyway.

Nixon is a bigger idiot than Cuomo. MO is a very - very gun friendly state in class with Tx and Fl. The Govornor is making a fool of himself trying to n mimick NY. My prediction is the house bill dies and goes silent VERY quickly. Further action or pressure would be foolish and political suicide - or worse...

I don't get very worked up when I see "proposed legislation" measures such as this. It'll never leave committee and certainly wouldn't survive a floor vote.

The school notification Bill is the least of Missouri's problems right now.....There has also been a Bill brought forth in the Show-me state that mirrors NY's recently passed AWB with the exception that the Bill in Missouri only would allow 90 days after the enaction of the new law before mandatory surrendering of firearms and/or confiscation would start.
http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills131/biltxt/intro/HB0545I.HTM

This Bill is considered to have a snowballs chance of getting anywhere......but then again, a lot of people didn't think the magazine ban would get passed in Colorado.

I don't get very worked up when I see "proposed legislation" measures such as this. It'll never leave committee and certainly wouldn't survive a floor vote.

Thanks for the reminder Nitesite. I agree most of this stuff has a snow balls chance in hell of passing but it pisses me off that someone that swore to uphold the Constitutuion would even submit it.

Here's a good article on the lack of Constitutional understanding from the DC crowd:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...nstitution-dont-always-use-it-for-l/?page=all

Rep. Rick Larsen, Washington Democrat, signaled that he didn’t think Congress had any business talking about constitutionality and argued that it was something better left to the Supreme Court.

“Members of Congress, having been elected and taken the oath of office, are given the authority to introduce legislation, and only the Supreme Court, as established by the Constitution and precedent, can determine the constitutionality of this authority,” he said in his authority statements.

I imagine state reps have even less understanding.

Firearm homicides are not on the rise if you consider percentages. The highest crime rates are in the most populated areas with the toughest gun laws.

If they make more laws, they in turn will make more criminals. Once you get started breaking one law, what keeps you from breaking the rest of the laws.

Nobody needs to know what kind of weapons or how much ammunition I have. I reserve the right to keep my personal life as personal as I like and share with whom I want to share it with.

If you guys and gals promise not to leave your shell casings from your chain fed 50 cal, I promise not to run over your flowers with my Abrams when I drop by to borrow a cup of sugar.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

How many of the school shootings came from responcible gun owners? IIRC most to all guns were aquired illegally. How would this help anything?

Frank

Back